Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

File Setup for bitmap white ink. Oce Arizona

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by TravisTBP, Aug 25, 2013.

1. TravisTBP

TravisTBP New Member

May 6, 2011
    Australia
    Hi. I'm having trouble setting up a file in illustrator.

I'm attempting to print a black and white (gray scale) Photo onto black pvc with my Oce Arizona. So essentially white ink printed on black substrate.
    I know how to do vector gradients with the spot 1 swatch and save as separate layers and all that. But i don't know how to get production house to pick up the white in a bitmap image as white ink.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tags:
  2. miker

miker Member

Nov 15, 2010
    you need to set it as a spot color in photoshop when it is a raster image. same naming convention as the spot color from illustrator.

3. artbot

artbot Very Active Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Houston TX
    for a CET running production house x10 a photoshop channel was created to print the white (inverted "black" equals white ink). double click the channel, a window will come up called "channel options". choose the bottom option "spot color" now name the channel Spot Color 1 (maybe just Spot Color for a printer that does not have varnish). make your working background all white. try that. maybe your printer is different, maybe not.

4. jasonx

jasonx Very Active Member

Aug 5, 2007
    Australia
    This is how I do it.

Take your bitmap to photoshop and convert it to greyscale.
    Invert the image. Save it out.

Place this image in illustrator.
    Embed the image.
    Now click the image and go to Edit -> Edit Colors -> Convert to greyscale

Now select the image and apply whatever your white spot colour is as a fill. Making your swatch values in illustrator a colour you can see will help.
    Save and add to your RIP.