• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

File Setup for bitmap white ink. Oce Arizona

TravisTBP

Hi. I'm having trouble setting up a file in illustrator.

I'm attempting to print a black and white (gray scale) Photo onto black pvc with my Oce Arizona. So essentially white ink printed on black substrate.
I know how to do vector gradients with the spot 1 swatch and save as separate layers and all that. But i don't know how to get production house to pick up the white in a bitmap image as white ink.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

miker

you need to set it as a spot color in photoshop when it is a raster image. same naming convention as the spot color from illustrator.

artbot

for a CET running production house x10 a photoshop channel was created to print the white (inverted "black" equals white ink). double click the channel, a window will come up called "channel options". choose the bottom option "spot color" now name the channel Spot Color 1 (maybe just Spot Color for a printer that does not have varnish). make your working background all white. try that. maybe your printer is different, maybe not.

jasonx

This is how I do it.

Take your bitmap to photoshop and convert it to greyscale.
Invert the image. Save it out.

Place this image in illustrator.
Embed the image.
Now click the image and go to Edit -> Edit Colors -> Convert to greyscale

Now select the image and apply whatever your white spot colour is as a fill. Making your swatch values in illustrator a colour you can see will help.
Save and add to your RIP.