• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Files on my Cd-RW drive that will not delete!

LMSigns24

I have to save artwork for a customer onto a disk, but I have other customers logos that i had previosuly burned that will not delete. It says it is being used by another person or program. This has happened before and i got a computer guy to come in. Anyone know how to delete these files??? If i save this customers artwork, he is going to get my others customer stuff as well.

SignBurst PCs

What I meant is, save all the files from the current CD to your computer (desktop is easiest to find).

Then burn a new CD with only the files you need.

SignBurst PCs

You have closed out of the file in other programs right?

For example, you can't have a file open in Photoshop and try to delete it from the CD at the same time.

I know it is a silly question, but it is common.

LMSigns24

Yes, all of my programs are closed. I wonder why these will not delet out of this folder? Now i have all of the files waiting to be written to the cd along with those others files i do not need. If i just select the files i need, i have a feeling they will all burn anyway.

LMSigns24

Try using this. Unlocker Kills files that are "in use" due to various reasons. It works great, and...its free.

YOU ARE MY HERO TODAY!! I always get that annoying "being used by anohter person or program" I just downloaded that program it worked! Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.

Border

If i just select the files i need, i have a feeling they will all burn anyway.

What's the big deal??? Give it a try grasshopper! Sounds like it's time for some basic computer skills.

I wouldn't be using cdrw media for my backups anyways, if that's what you are doing with all your customer files.

LMSigns24

What's the big deal??? Give it a try grasshopper! Sounds like it's time for some basic computer skills.

I wouldn't be using cdrw media for my backups anyways, if that's what you are doing with all your customer files.

I was making a big deal about it cause I only have 1 blank cd and the customer needed it right away to supply for printing purposes.

SignBurst PCs

This is why I use flash drives! Well, at least, one of the reasons.

With flash drives, larger email attachment limits, and FTP, I think I am almost completely weaned off of CD / DVD.

Alphonse43

Just make another folder and copy the files you need to burn to that location, and burn them from there. I think you'll find you can't delete because there's some other program in the background using those files.
Alphonse43