• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fill patterns from .psd to DRAW??

54warrior

Hi,

I have many seamless tile pattern fills that I use in photoshop. Is there a way to easily bring them into CorelDraw as seamless, tileable fills?

Thanks!

Tony McD

In corel, create a box or whatever you want to fill, and click on the "fill tool" (bucket)
Third one over is pattern fill. Put the dot in "bitmap" and click "load"
Find and select the fill you want to use, and it will put it in the bitmap tile selections.
You will need to do this for each fill you want to use. Never tried a .psd file, so I'm not sure it will work...you may need to resave each fill to a jpeg or something corel can use.

54warrior

In corel, create a box or whatever you want to fill, and click on the "fill tool" (bucket)
Third one over is pattern fill. Put the dot in "bitmap" and click "load"
Find and select the fill you want to use, and it will put it in the bitmap tile selections.
You will need to do this for each fill you want to use. Never tried a .psd file, so I'm not sure it will work...you may need to resave each fill to a jpeg or something corel can use.

Ok, thanks. I was aware of how to do it, but I want to avoid having to do what you are suggesting by resaving everything.

Can the photoshop pattern files be imported into Draw somehow??

Tony McD

I just tried it and you should be able to load .psd files without resaving.

I exported a .psd from corel, and it let me load it into the bitmap fills just fine.

W

wetgravy

Even if you do it the hard way, all you have to do is load the fills into corel, set the size to the same dimensions as your nudge, copy, paste, nudge, paste, nudge, etc. tiles out easily. Also, powerclip is your friend.