Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fill patterns from .psd to DRAW??

Discussion in 'Corel' started by 54warrior, Dec 17, 2010.

1. 54warrior

54warrior Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Hi,

I have many seamless tile pattern fills that I use in photoshop. Is there a way to easily bring them into CorelDraw as seamless, tileable fills?

Thanks!

Tags:
  2. Tony McD

Tony McD Member

Sep 13, 2006
    Camdenton, Missouri
    In corel, create a box or whatever you want to fill, and click on the "fill tool" (bucket)
    Third one over is pattern fill. Put the dot in "bitmap" and click "load"
    Find and select the fill you want to use, and it will put it in the bitmap tile selections.
    You will need to do this for each fill you want to use. Never tried a .psd file, so I'm not sure it will work...you may need to resave each fill to a jpeg or something corel can use.

3. 54warrior

54warrior Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Ok, thanks. I was aware of how to do it, but I want to avoid having to do what you are suggesting by resaving everything.

Can the photoshop pattern files be imported into Draw somehow??

4. Tony McD

Tony McD Member

Sep 13, 2006
    Camdenton, Missouri
    I just tried it and you should be able to load .psd files without resaving.

I exported a .psd from corel, and it let me load it into the bitmap fills just fine.

5. wetgravy

wetgravy Guest

Even if you do it the hard way, all you have to do is load the fills into corel, set the size to the same dimensions as your nudge, copy, paste, nudge, paste, nudge, etc. tiles out easily. Also, powerclip is your friend.