Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fill Question....

Discussion in 'Corel' started by 54warrior, Feb 9, 2011.

1. 54warrior

54warrior Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    In CorelDRAW, there appears to be the standard options for a Fountain Fill...

Linear, Radial, Conical, and Square...

How do I handle an object that is not one of those shapes, such as what I will call a "slotted hole" (see attached).

The issue I'm having is that I want the fill to not get 'cut off', so to speak, because it isn't a perfect circular shape, or square shape. In the attached example, I am using a radial fill. I would like for the "black" part of the fill to be even around the perimeter of my shape. Is there a way to do that.

The effect I'm looking for would be similar to an "Inner Shadow" in Photoshop.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Travis Stanley

Travis Stanley Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Try using mesh. It's located in you interactive fill tool. you can add or subtract the number of fills needed to blend colors. There's a good tutorial on using the mesh on coreldrawtips.com

3. signmeup

signmeup Major Contributor

May 5, 2005
    Canada
    I did this with the drop shadow tool. I used "small glow" then changed the colour of the glow to white and then "broke it apart". Finally, change the order so the glow is on top, resize it to suit and you're done. Probably not the correct way but it's a way.

You can do similar effects with the blend tool. Make a smaller white "pill" and blend it to the outer black "pill".

Attached Files:

4. Williams Signs

Williams Signs Member

Oct 5, 2007
    2 ways. do your gradient fill and do a black outline around the shape or do a contour around the shape fill contour with black.