• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fill Question....

54warrior

In CorelDRAW, there appears to be the standard options for a Fountain Fill...

Linear, Radial, Conical, and Square...

How do I handle an object that is not one of those shapes, such as what I will call a "slotted hole" (see attached).

The issue I'm having is that I want the fill to not get 'cut off', so to speak, because it isn't a perfect circular shape, or square shape. In the attached example, I am using a radial fill. I would like for the "black" part of the fill to be even around the perimeter of my shape. Is there a way to do that.

The effect I'm looking for would be similar to an "Inner Shadow" in Photoshop.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 96

Travis Stanley

Try using mesh. It's located in you interactive fill tool. you can add or subtract the number of fills needed to blend colors. There's a good tutorial on using the mesh on coreldrawtips.com

signmeup

I did this with the drop shadow tool. I used "small glow" then changed the colour of the glow to white and then "broke it apart". Finally, change the order so the glow is on top, resize it to suit and you're done. Probably not the correct way but it's a way.

You can do similar effects with the blend tool. Make a smaller white "pill" and blend it to the outer black "pill".

Attachments

• SmallGlow1.jpg
    SmallGlow1.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 76

Williams Signs

2 ways. do your gradient fill and do a black outline around the shape or do a contour around the shape fill contour with black.