• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Film for Wall Wrap

SIGNMAN_52

Hello All,

I need to quote on a full coverage wall wrap at a terminal at a small airport, and I am seeking some advice on what film may work well. The wall surface is a wallpaper with a little texture to it.

I am considering Avery 2611 Wall Film.

Thanks in advance for any advice you have on this!

Letterbox Mike

So you're wrapping over existing wallpaper? Eeeeesh.

I'd try painting the wall(paper) with gloss white paint and then applying Phototex over that.

For anyone who's interested, we just removed a graphic from one of our walls that was on Avery 2611, was up for 6 months, and literally, I kid you not, took every ounce of paint off the wall with it (well, sort of, read on). Zero removability, permanent vinyl would have come off cleaner. The funny thing is, the reason we removed it is because there were a few spots that it would not stay stuck to the wall for anything (yes, it was clean). So either it doesn't stick at all or it takes the wall with it. Ugh. We've used it a lot, never removed it until now. We'll be sticking with Phototex from now on.

thewvsignguy

The Avery 2611 is a great film for temporary wall jobs and is about 6 mils thick. It prints great and the plus side of the 2611 is you should not have to laminate the film to install it. But as with anything that does come in contact with the public I would highly recommend it. IMO I do not think the 2611 is the film of choice for this job, I would use something with a permanent adhesive rather then a easily removable film and make sure it's laminated. Your favorite calendered outdoor film laminated should work better and will save you some $$$ over the 2611....

SIGNMAN_52

Signman 52, what sorts of wall prep procedures will you need to perform prior to installation of the new graphic?
I have not thought too much about the wall prep at this time, but I think we would use a mild cleaner of some type.

Based on the responses so far I think I should have a disclaimer in my quote that we cannot guarantee that the current surface will remain undamaged when the time comes to remove the graphics