• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Film is Off

Beavis

So were using a gerber edge 2. when we print usally on white but does happen much to often for my liking the film will be off a milimeter or 2 and it shows the white horribly bad any suggestions? doesn't always happen to all the film, no not using just gerber film we use zeronine as well. gerber and avery vinyl.

Attachments

• IMG_2223.jpg
    IMG_2223.jpg
    369 KB · Views: 104

Marlene

under "tools" there's choke & spread and trapline. try working with those to help get rid of the gaps.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Marlene is giving you one good option. The other is to change over to CMYK for the print if you can't resolve it with choke and spread. If you do, then set your halftone to classic dot and the LPI to 70.7 for nice results.

The problem is the way in which underlying colors are knocked out with spot colors and the inherent color to color tolerance of the Edge. This is not a published figure but is about = or - .02" and must be allowed for in your layouts. Choke and Spread is the best way but may not always work when more than two spot colors exist in the job.

There is also an inherent design flaw in the Edge which causes slight shifts in where the impression is made depending on how much foil is present in the cartridge. In theory you would get perfect color registration between colors if each cartridge had exactly the same amount of unused foil on it.

You will also get better color to color registration if you turn off the the Conserve Foil feature in GSPPlot.