• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Finally found a use for Avery!

d fleming

Have had a roll of intermediate Avery on rack taking up space forever. Don't know why I never threw it out. I refuse to use any of their crud since the great Avery debacle of years ago. Well, finally I have a use for it. Our local Legion Hall has a veterans' Wall. They have asked me to blast some granite tiles. Easy enough. On a whim I took that old roll of Avery, laminated it to itself to increase thickness and viola! Sandblast mask. Plus I get the added therapy of destroying this garbage one square foot at a time! Yay!

HulkSmash

wasn't always the case.

in my mind their rep was irreversibly damaged, their vinyl is toilet paper....

Yeah, it's dollar bills for me. If you make a grave mistake in your company would you want your customer to forgive you and give you a 2nd chance?
Trust me i know the issues they had, and played a small part in tearing them down. What they make now is far superior, and their current service is top notch.

brush1

I wasn't around when all that crap happened....

I was!!!!
No support from them at all.
Fellers (Ameriban this time) was there with support. They help me to recover some money.

I use whatever is left (yes still left) to cut vinyl stencils. Some customers request this type of stencils for one time use. It works well....no complains.

d fleming

Never mind, this junk doesn't even stick to granite. Of course it's as old as the hills so in the round file the roll goes. Back to good old Oracal.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
If you make a grave mistake in your company would you want your customer to forgive you and give you a 2nd chance?

I'm a burn your bridges kinda guy.....no looking back

Techman

tell that the the last guy who recently used their reflective and had it fail within by turning black.. And at the same time a layer of 3M was just fine. And then had to listen to the Avery rep tell him the failure was installer fault.

HulkSmash

tell that the the last guy who recently used their reflective and had it fail within by turning black.. And at the same time a layer of 3M was just fine. And then had to listen to the Avery rep tell him the failure was installer fault.

Um, I've heard much more ridiculous from 3M. They literally told me i had failure one time because i had too much ink on their material.

Techman

that's true. however, 3M didn't have a history of denial in the face of the truth on a nationwide scale that hurt far too many far too long..

Craig Sjoquist

Avery rocks the house in vinyl, yes I use Avery vinyl & it makes me money where others fail. & cost is comparable to others.

InstantOneMedia

Companies like Avery & 3M have great material, but their pricing is ridiculous. They've been bleeding the sign industry. It's $1k to get 150' of usable material (vinyl & lam) for a van wrap. We came up with our vinyl because we got sick of watching our customers walk away from a job because the cost of materials forced us to outprice them.

HulkSmash

that's true. however, 3M didn't have a history of denial in the face of the truth on a nationwide scale that hurt far too many far too long..

Yes they do. Look up original warps from 2 years ago. Huge lies, and denial. In the face of everyone on here and nationwide.