• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

finally got to try my new ustech laminator

ironchef

Quick question, how do clean the roll on the laminator? I got some lam stuck on it pulled it off and it left some glue residue

401Graphics

Alright,,,,so,,,it worked for a few feet and that was it. This laminator makes me feel useless. I took out the lam, put it my Oracal lam,,,BAM,,,no problems at all. I took it out, tried the other one,,,,wouldn't work. Put the Oracal back in,,,,worked fine. Here is my question; is it possible that the other brand is cheap stuff? It is Sign Warehouse's brand. I wasted half a roll already,,,plus I have another full roll of it!
I have used signwarehouse brand and it gave me problems also, oracal almost never does, However i did manage to use the entire signwarehouse roll by having to put tension on the roll by using my hand in areas where it looked like it was going to get wrinkled up on the roller (holding the roll as it was spinning). Also keeping the backing paper on the roller helps prevent wrinkles from happening, as seen in this video (im using oracal in this video) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orUzAoh-OyE

CP Signs

Hey 401. Thanks. Same problem. Lesson learned. Lol. Everything I have is Oracal except those 2 rolls I had. I'll use the rest for little things I do by hand just holding the lam. Thanks again,,,, at least I know I'm not losing my mind,,,,,,lol,,,,well I guess I lost that a long time ago.