Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

finally got to try my new ustech laminator

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Hardware' started by CP Signs, Nov 27, 2012.

1. ironchef

ironchef Very Active Member

May 1, 2012
    Miami, FL
    Quick question, how do clean the roll on the laminator? I got some lam stuck on it pulled it off and it left some glue residue

2. ironchef

ironchef Very Active Member

May 1, 2012
    Miami, FL
    I know ive read about it on here, i cant find it

3. 401Graphics

401Graphics Very Active Member

I have used signwarehouse brand and it gave me problems also, oracal almost never does, However i did manage to use the entire signwarehouse roll by having to put tension on the roll by using my hand in areas where it looked like it was going to get wrinkled up on the roller (holding the roll as it was spinning). Also keeping the backing paper on the roller helps prevent wrinkles from happening, as seen in this video (im using oracal in this video) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orUzAoh-OyE

4. CP Signs

CP Signs Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Stittsville
    Hey 401. Thanks. Same problem. Lesson learned. Lol. Everything I have is Oracal except those 2 rolls I had. I'll use the rest for little things I do by hand just holding the lam. Thanks again,,,, at least I know I'm not losing my mind,,,,,,lol,,,,well I guess I lost that a long time ago.