• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Finally!

SebastienL

Started this project in May. I'm glad to finally see it crated and ready to leave. I'm happy with the results. This table was commitionned by the Logistic branch of the Canadian Navy to commemorate it's 100th anniversary. They provided us with the table, I designed the top, routed and printed it and we fabricated a frame around it to match the rest of the table and sealed it under glass.

Attachments

• Top.jpg
    Top.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 93
  • Navy.jpg
    Navy.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 70
  • Logistic.jpg
    Logistic.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 78
  • Side.jpg
    Side.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 66

Marlene

very, very nice work! considering what this is, there may be people seeing this in another 100 years. the thought of making something that will be around for many years to come must be so cool!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I didn't realize you printed the inks on there. To make something like that last a long time, what did you do to the surface under the glass to get a long life from your inks ??

Is it air tight ?? Will any mildew or something similar eventually appear if it is air tight ??

SebastienL

Gino,

It's routed from 1/2" Sintra (PVC), primed with a waterbased primer then printed. We have a test piece mounted on a outside wall of our building. Been there for 4 years now in the sun, rain and snow, Figure a 60 deg Celsius temperature differential between July and January and it still look's good. The glass is sealed all around in case a drunk seaman spills is beer on top of it, but it is not airtight. So I think it should behave like a framed art piece or poster. It will go in their mess hall here in Ottawa and not on a boat!