• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Financing Options

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
I wanted to get some feedback on offering financing for our clients. We have had more and more clients that want to finance Message Centers, Wraps, and larger projects. I currently tell them to go to their bank. We were wanting something we could have them apply at the time of the bid and not have to deal with a banker that doesn't understand the projects.

Who are you using for financing and how do they pay? Net 30/60/90 or 50% down/50% upon completion?

I rarely need pointers but after 27 years, I am having trouble finding the right lender.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Direct capital has a sign financing program you could look into. Typically if they are financing you get paid in full upon completion, but remember you now have the client and a financier that will go after you in case of problems or repairs. Make sure you have a strong buyer contract to avoid litigation.

rjssigns

Offering financing sounds like a lot of extra work and potential future complications. On the flip side it could enhance revenue. Gotta wonder what happens when someone buys ten wraps then "forgets" to pay.

bannertime

Direct capital has a sign financing program you could look into. Typically if they are financing you get paid in full upon completion, but remember you now have the client and a financier that will go after you in case of problems or repairs. Make sure you have a strong buyer contract to avoid litigation.

+1 for Direct Capital. We use them for all our equipment needs and on hand to finance for customers.

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
Offering financing sounds like a lot of extra work and potential future complications. On the flip side it could enhance revenue. Gotta wonder what happens when someone buys ten wraps then "forgets" to pay.

I would think the extra paperwork would be minimal over our current contracts. I have missed a few jobs because of financing issues. On a plus side usually people spend more if financing. It would open the door to upsell the customer on larger sign or additional signage for their business. I am finishing up a $30,000 channel letter job that I could have sold them a package with wraps and job signs if we could have financed it. Now they are having to recover from the one sign and in a couple of months we will wrap the vans and trucks.

If they didnt pay their bill, I would suppose it would ding their credit. If we did the work we would expect to get paid.