• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

finding better art

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
often a customer will send art that is far from ideal. There is a little known function at google image search that will try to find a better version of the same image.

Just click on the google image tab and upload your art by selecting the camera icon located on the right side and let it do the work for you. I often have success

Here is one that I am working on today that is far better than what the customer sent even though they told me it was the best art they could find.

http://www.eglin.af.mil/shared/media/ggallery/hires/AFG-070104-013.jpg

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-10-05 at 8.12.14 AM.png
    Screen shot 2012-10-05 at 8.12.14 AM.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 91
  • eagle.jpg
    eagle.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 158
  • AFG-070104-013.jpg
    AFG-070104-013.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 98

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
It is in Firefox too. Not a browser issue, make sure you click on the images part of google not just the default google homepage. I have much better success with this versus Tineye and I previously used Tineye and was looking for a better solution

royster13

I sometimes ask clients to send me files ending in PDF......Yesterday I got an order for 3 colour mugs, along with a crappy JPG.....After a couple emails back and forth they found a PDF which turned out to be a proof of some other products the ordered elsewhere and the PDF included perfect vector art...

fresh

I sometimes ask clients to send me files ending in PDF......Yesterday I got an order for 3 colour mugs, along with a crappy JPG.....After a couple emails back and forth they found a PDF which turned out to be a proof of some other products the ordered elsewhere and the PDF included perfect vector art...

I'm kinda an jerk that way... Before I send my proofs, I convert them to bitmap. On VERY rare occasion will I send a vector file to a client. I do this mostly so they can't go to another sign company with my fantastic files. Also, if someone sends me crap, and I vectorize it, there is no f'ing way they are getting that file from me (unless they pay pay pay for it.)

For example, someone gave me their crappy printed menu with their very nice, obviously well designed, logo on it. I asked him to have the designer forward me a vector file, but that was too much work for this particular guy. So we freaking redraw the logo (typical.) A year later, he calls me asking for the vector file... He went to Staples to order a banner (didn't even think to call me,) and they said it won't look very good using a photocopy of his menu. I suggested he just order the banner from us, and he said we were more expensive. He didn't understand why we wouldn't give it to him. Um, yeah.

So now when people call me for artwork, I send them back what they originally sent to me. If they question me, I just say "I was able to use that, I don't know why so & so can't. Maybe they don't really know what they are doing. You DO KNOW you can order those items from us, don't you?"