• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Finecut 8 on Corel x4 PC and AI CS4 Mac

WrapperX

Hey all,

Trying to get my Finecut Software to work on Corel x4 on PC and for Adobe Illustrator CS4 on Mac. The plotter is Mimaki CG 160 FX and on both machines the setup seems to communicate and identify the printer but whenever I go to plot it tells me "No response from the plotter. Check whether the plotter is in remote mode and in the correct communication."

The plotter is most def. in remote and everything seems to be in there but I'm still missing something.

Can anyone help on this?? I've been plugging away at this since about 11 am and I have exhausted everything I know. Any sort of tips or settings walk through would be great!

:thankyou:

Freese

Go to Plotter/User setup option via the Finecut window in illustrator.

Verify your model is right and on the communication tab, the correct port is selected.

WrapperX

Go to Plotter/User setup option via the Finecut window in illustrator.

Verify your model is right and on the communication tab, the correct port is selected.

That was one of the first things I did. All that info seems to be right.

Model = CG FX Series
Communication = USP CG-FX-00

Connection Test says its Correct.

Lets try something new.

WrapperX

Ok - So I figured out what was wrong with the Plotter. It was the firmware as I had expected. I was running on 2.00 and it should be on 3.0

If any of you haven't figured out how to check this and/or want to fix it. Message this forum or PM me. I can give you a walk through/step by step instructions.

christy

Thanks for this forum.
I have this same problem you had and I'd like to know how to fix it.
I'll be thankful for your help
Christy

WrapperX

Track down the Advantage Sign Supply website. Look up the customer support phone number and call them. I believe the tech I talked to was named Mark, but don't quote me. Either easy, they should be able to direct you rop their ftp site where they have all the updates available for user download.