• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Finecut 8 stopped working!

Platinumsandp

Hi our finecut 8 has just stopped working. We use it through corel 8, was ok one day and not the next. Has anyone had similar issues? Have deleted and re-installed both programs but this doesn't help.

RustyNZ

All the finecut icons in corel are greyed out so when we click on them nothing happens.
Not sure how much this will help but I support GCC cutters and their software also has a toolbar in Corel, I have seen all the buttons stay greyed out before and the cause is that the plugin software is not running. In our case there is a plugin called 'CoCut.exe' which needs to be running. This plugin is used for other software not just GCC but a quick google of Finecut Cocut did not return anything linking them. Maybe antivirus or similar software is blocking the plugin from running.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I normally only use it in Illustrator but usually if the buttons are grayed out it, it should allow you to click on the settings button which looks like 3 dots with 3 lines to the right. If it does let you click on that, you probably just need to reset your communication settings. If not, I have never seen the buttons gray out completely.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
my semi educated guess is to agree with Justin H, I had this happen with AVG and flexi more times than i can remember.

Platinumsandp

Thank you for your replies after re-installing a few times the icons are no longer greyed out but are still not doing anything when selected. We have all the latest updates of our software and have turned off the antivirus but still nothing!!