• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Finished our first wrap

modernmav

Just finished our first wrap. It came out pretty good all things considered. Like to hear what you guys think.

Attachments

• Mr.Pool.jpg
    Mr.Pool.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 95

wrapman jamz

oops! looks like the classic "print too big for the van"

This would be an excellent wrap if it was sized so that the logo would be moved away from the door and the phone numbers were away from the wheel wells.

Trust me I've made my mistakes inn the beginning too

Good job and good luck

CheapVehicleWrap

looks great. yeah the numbers are tight (actually I think 1 is wrong) but I don't mind the elbow spilling on the door... but it forced the door handle to be wrapped too.

Craig Sjoquist

Congratulations on your first wrap... what was your responsibility design ...layout.. install
when installing did you clean, prime certain areas, edge coat edges.

sees back does not line up with side
curious on how much I can critique like some close up pictures
NAW just kidding bet customer was happy

modernmav

my responsibilities included design, layout, printing, and installing. the entire van was cleaned very well, primed in all of the difficult areas and edge sealed, thanks for the concern craig... The customer was very happy.

wrapswrapswraps - what do you mean a number is wrong?

CheapVehicleWrap

my responsibilities included design, layout, printing, and installing. the entire van was cleaned very well, primed in all of the difficult areas and edge sealed, thanks for the concern craig... The customer was very happy.

wrapswrapswraps - what do you mean a number is wrong?

Just keeping you on your toes man. The full gamut. I like. Nice way to start off having complete control of everything.

modernmav

lol wraps, i was like i triple checked everything before printing, the numbers should be right.

Woods- its 180cv3 with 8519 Lustre Lam (switiching to 8518 gloss after this one). what do you mean how were the fender wells installed? We wrapped the material all the way around and trimmed underneath? hope that answers your question.

modernmav

oops! looks like the classic "print too big for the van"

This would be an excellent wrap if it was sized so that the logo would be moved away from the door and the phone numbers were away from the wheel wells.

Trust me I've made my mistakes inn the beginning too

Good job and good luck

ya unfortunately the biggest mistake we made was not having the actual van for measurements, I was under the impression we were getting a 3500 extended van and it ended up being a 1500 so we squeezed it in.

it was definitely a major learning experience.

SignManiac

Like to hear what you guys think.

Well I'll say good job on the installation but your design missed the mark. The concept has a lot of potential but the layout could have been a lot better and I don't care for the font selection you used at all. Did they provide you with the logo or did you create it?

Yeah I'm sure the customer loved it, but customers generally don't know what looks good or not most of the time.

But, as you said, it's a learning experience. You have to start somewhere. Maybe next time, post up a potential design and get some valuable feedback from 101 before selling the final design.

Not trying to be harsh, it's meant to help you.

modernmav

thanks maniac,
ya the customer already had the logo, and the font selection was their choice to match a set of billboards they are putting up. They do love the design but definitely agree with what you said. I appreciate the crits and will definitley post potential designs in the future for feedback before final sales, I wasn't too familiar with the forum at the time of creation for that one so I didnt post anything.
And you werent harsh at all. I want all the comments I can get so I can get better. Thanks!!!

SignManiac

Phew~ I'm glad you took it the way it was intended. A lot of times I'm reluctant to give critiques because many posters don't really want to hear anything other than great job, even when its not, then they get all defensive and pissy when they hear the truth.

You'll do good with your open mind.:thumb:

modernmav

thanks, i've also noticed that on here (a lot of people getting defensive) and dont get it. The purpose of posting work for critique is improving the quality of our work, I want the truth, its the only way to find mistakes I might not have caught and make the neccisary changes.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
thanks, i've also noticed that on here (a lot of people getting defensive) and dont get it. The purpose of posting work for critique is improving the quality of our work, I want the truth, its the only way to find mistakes I might not have caught and make the neccisary changes.

Finally, we have a winner !!
:U Rock:

Thank you for recognizing what most of us here are trying to accomplish. With an attitude such as you've displayed... you will go far.... very far.

:goodpost:

wrapman jamz

With most cell phones having cameras today, I have made it an invaluable tool. I have learned to trust only what I see. So, I have EVERY customer snap a picture of both sides, front and back shot....even before the quote.

Also, I never trust the templates 100%. When a vehicle comes in I take a few minutes and document the measurements of critical areas.

Hope this helps!

modernmav

lol thanks gino. Like I said, it doesn't make sense to get defensive when you get what you ask for, especially in a public forum. I KNOW that I have a ton to learn and s101 has been incredibly helpful thus far and I'm sure it will be in the future as well. I'm only 22, but have been doing cut vinyl for about 6 years and am just getting into digital printing, wraps and what not so its all a learning process.

thanks wrapman, yes we've started doing that on any and all vehicles we are to letter or wrap. I have a few projects we're working on and I'll post up the initial layouts for crits in a little bit.

Thank you guys for being so helpful!

Eric

grafixemporium

I say this with all due respect...

Just because you can wrap cars doesn't mean you should. So many shops completely miss the most important factor, the reason for it al... design.

Dave Drane

Just finished our first wrap. It came out pretty good all things considered. Like to hear what you guys think.
I am happy you think so.. It is very pretty but driving past at speed even allowing for the size of the name I don't think I would read it even with my glasses on. Red on blue???

sjm

Actually it's Red, White and Blue. Though I must admit Red on Blue is hard to read.