• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Finishing out mesh banners

tamif

T-N-T Designs
I recently got a 315 HP latex printer and would like to print my own mesh banners, but I am not sure how to finish them out. Can I use banner tape to make the hem and will grommets hold up just using the banner tape?

Jeremiah

The question makes me wonder what material you are using for mesh banners. Blank actual mesh banner material or your own version of mesh .

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
If you’re buying mesh banner with liner just print, peel the liner, hem as usual and eyelet. Only extra step is peeling the liner.

ikarasu

Wouldn’t tape collect dirt from all the mesh holes? Never tried it but we always worried about that, so didn't try. Especially since it's usually at dirty construction sites. I figured get a 1" brown border all around after a week.

We usually outsource mesh since it’s like a buck a sqft from wholesalers.... Not worth our time to do it I house.

Reveal1

Wouldn’t tape collect dirt from all the mesh holes? Never tried it but we always worried about that, so didn't try. Especially since it's usually at dirty construction sites. I figured get a 1" brown border all around after a week.

We usually outsource mesh since it’s like a buck a sqft from wholesalers.... Not worth our time to do it I house.
Most of the mesh banners we do are small and short term, so dirt really not an issue unless perhaps you are in a really dirty area, construction site etc. We sub a lot of product too, but still do smaller banners in-house for quick service needs. Charge more but don't want to give up that niche. Sub anything over 48"H and that would likely be sewn.

tamif

T-N-T Designs
The question makes me wonder what material you are using for mesh banners. Blank actual mesh banner material or your own version of mesh .
I am planning on buying mesh banner to print on. Can you tell me if the mesh is comparable to vinyl banner (10oz or 13 oz) The mesh material I have found is 8oz or 9oz

tamif

T-N-T Designs
Most of the mesh banners we do are small and short term, so dirt really not an issue unless perhaps you are in a really dirty area, construction site etc. We sub a lot of product too, but still do smaller banners in-house for quick service needs. Charge more but don't want to give up that niche. Sub anything over 48"H and that would likely be sewn.

I hadn't thought about the dirt issue. This is a tennis club that keeps theirs up for extended periods of time. My dilemma with subbing it out is that where I usually go is not operating during covid.

Reveal1

I am planning on buying mesh banner to print on. Can you tell me if the mesh is comparable to vinyl banner (10oz or 13 oz) The mesh material I have found is 8oz or 9oz
Without research, I would guess In terms of bulk, 9 oz.mesh it is comparable to 13oz vinyl. but keep in mind weight is a function of how much it weighs in a given area and mesh is full of holes. The seller will have the thickness of each posted on their site for comparison.

bannertime

The oz designation is based on the weight of the vinyl by square yard. So a 13oz mesh would probably be quite thick. We use 8oz or 9oz in house. We're still printing on Briteline mesh with liner, but will probably be switching to the new Duratex line when we run out. We heat weld the mesh for smaller, temp banners while we sew webbing and o-rings for larger ones. My only tip is, don't forget to remove the liner.

BALLPARK

Mesh 8 oz, 10 oz, and 12 oz is what we sell... You can use tape and grommets with your 1" hem and it will be fine for quite a few projects. Some job sites would not be ideal...

Heat weld or sewn hemmed edges are the best for mesh. We order quite a bit of our larger mesh banners from Signs2Trade. Keep them in mind for your larger mesh or large quantities. They produce good work and very easy to work with them. They also have a 12oz double sided version that our clients love!

Good luck with your project... mesh banners are great for sports and larger retail based banners.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
We do all of our mesh with the welder and heat seal all of our edges. Usually add an extra layer of reinforcement ...anywhere from 13oz vinyl up to seat belt webbing....as an extra grip for the grommets to grab into for longer term durability depending on our clients requirement.

Josh Kuper

We do all of our mesh with the welder and heat seal all of our edges. Usually add an extra layer of reinforcement ...anywhere from 13oz vinyl up to seat belt webbing....as an extra grip for the grommets to grab into for longer term durability depending on our clients requirement.
What kind of a welder do you use, I tried the Banner Pro from Supply.com and it quickly became a paper weight sitting in the corner

Josh Kuper

Mesh 8 oz, 10 oz, and 12 oz is what we sell... You can use tape and grommets with your 1" hem and it will be fine for quite a few projects. Some job sites would not be ideal...

Heat weld or sewn hemmed edges are the best for mesh. We order quite a bit of our larger mesh banners from Signs2Trade. Keep them in mind for your larger mesh or large quantities. They produce good work and very easy to work with them. They also have a 12oz double sided version that our clients love!

Good luck with your project... mesh banners are great for sports and larger retail based banners.
What kind of welder do you use?

Josh Kuper

The oz designation is based on the weight of the vinyl by square yard. So a 13oz mesh would probably be quite thick. We use 8oz or 9oz in house. We're still printing on Briteline mesh with liner, but will probably be switching to the new Duratex line when we run out. We heat weld the mesh for smaller, temp banners while we sew webbing and o-rings for larger ones. My only tip is, don't forget to remove the liner.
What kind of heat weld do you use