• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Finishing table protection

Xavier Elizondo

Hello everyone,

What material do you use to cover/protect your finishing table?

I use the table mostly for cutting vinil and other medias.

Thank you

fozzie

We use 3mm digital sintra. About $23 a sheet. Get about month to 2 months out of it. Naturally use both sides.
Tried a cutting mat several years ago. Didn't last. Maybe they are better now.

Christian @ 2CT Media

We use the Image1Impact cutting mat or 1/4" plate glass depending on what we are cutting.

Cutting mat for trimming substrates with a knife and glass for cutting vinyl panels.

Sign Works

Not a fan. Cut through it the first time I tried to cut 6mm PVC. It's far too soft.

So, I switched to 6mm PVC for my table tops. :omg:

It's WAY cheaper and lasts about 1/2 as long.

Mine has been in use for over twelve years without any problems. Like any other tool you simply need to apply a little common sense when using it (don't use a utility knife and bear down with all your might to cut through a substrate that is denser that the mat itself). Although most substrates are first cut on panel saw or cutter I've cut or trimmed down a ton of coro, pvc, banner material, etc. over the years on my cutting mat without any issues and would have nothing else on top of my production table.

2B

+1 for the PVC tops, do not go any thinner than 6mm.
we found the 12MM works the best, especially when you doping heavy scoring on alum / ACP

Desert_Signs