• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fire Dept. Font

Brandon D

Looks like Serpentine, but is not unless it's a variant of it. Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• fd fontsearch.jpg
    fd fontsearch.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 2,557

letterman7

Proprietary to the engine manufacturer. Pierce, Seagrave, KME and others are all starting to do their own thing in house. That particular font is a "Leo's Gold Lion" font - used to be available to the general public, but now they're selling only to the manufacturers it seems. I can't find a single link to what used to be their website. Anyway.. modify whatever you need to to simulate. There's little else to do - engine manufacturers won't let their files out the door.

Brandon D

Proprietary to the engine manufacturer. Pierce, Seagrave, KME and others are all starting to do their own thing in house. That particular font is a "Leo's Gold Lion" font - used to be available to the general public, but now they're selling only to the manufacturers it seems. I can't find a single link to what used to be their website. Anyway.. modify whatever you need to to simulate. There's little else to do - engine manufacturers won't let their files out the door.
I see, hmm.... well thank you for the info.

That is one of Pierce's fonts, it is actually their most commonly used one. Like letterman7 said it is not available for purchase. RJ Marx in Wisconsin used to typeset it for a fee but I heard they don't do that anymore. I have my own version that I made to match it, you can start with something like Beaufort, OLSignpainter, Copperplate, ITC Symbol etc. etc. and just adjust it to match.

letterman7

RJ Marx in Wisconsin

That's the one I was trying to think of. I think they picked up Leo's as well - all their stuff looks like old Leo's. And I did call them once weeks ago.. I was willing to have them typeset a name for me.. never heard back.

I was in Hutchinson just last year for a camper rally!