Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fire engine font

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by ucmj22, Jan 13, 2010.

1. ucmj22

ucmj22 Very Active Member

Dec 10, 2009
    I need to find this font for a local body shop doing repairs on a fire engine. I thought it might be a stretched out copperplate at first, but its not. then I found the font Megadeth on daFont and it looks like whatever font they used for the basis of Megadeth is probably what I'm looking for, I just dont know what that is...

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Jillbeans

Jillbeans Major Contributor

Dec 24, 2003
    Butler, PA
    That's Copperplate Gothic which someone squeezed the ever-loving crap out of.
    Love....Jill

3. ucmj22

Dec 10, 2009
    That was my first thought, however I must disagree. If you'll notice that the lower serif on the "R" ( and all other letters, just easier to see on the R) is different. The fillet is much more gradual. Also on the C in the font I am looking for the serifs are vertical while in copperplate they are not... any other ideas?

4. The Vector Doctor

The Vector Doctor Very Active Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Ohio
    very close to ITC Symbol

5. ucmj22

Dec 10, 2009
    I think it may be close enough to use! I'll send it for proof to make sure. Thanks.

6. RG

RG Member

Dec 6, 2006
    South Mississippi
    Yo, Jill, I must say that I like your command of the English language. You done good--direct, to the point, and very descriptive.

7. Patrick46

Patrick46 Member

it's NOT copperplate, but it darn close???...so modify it to fit your needs.
    I've had types that I could not find for a customer, and have spent countless hours looking for a match. Finally found a close one, and with a couple of changes, had something more than workable. Fixed in no time. TIME = MONEY!!!

b'sides...unless they're able to see BOTH sides at the same time...they'll probably never minor differences between the 2 names. Most customers are not that savy when it comes to what we do. Now if this is some huge job that will be seen on national TV, I may be inclined to put in the extra effort. This doesn't appear to be a job that you'll be making big bank from.

you know...the old difference between a good carpenter & a bad one??

8. southpawP8NTR

southpawP8NTR Member

Jan 24, 2005
    Potosi, MO
    Second the copperplate modify! Far less time than searching for the font. Good luck