• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fire engine font

ucmj22

I need to find this font for a local body shop doing repairs on a fire engine. I thought it might be a stretched out copperplate at first, but its not. then I found the font Megadeth on daFont and it looks like whatever font they used for the basis of Megadeth is probably what I'm looking for, I just dont know what that is...

Attachments

• Photo01121045_1.jpg
    Photo01121045_1.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 393

ucmj22

That was my first thought, however I must disagree. If you'll notice that the lower serif on the "R" ( and all other letters, just easier to see on the R) is different. The fillet is much more gradual. Also on the C in the font I am looking for the serifs are vertical while in copperplate they are not... any other ideas?

RG

Yo, Jill, I must say that I like your command of the English language. You done good--direct, to the point, and very descriptive.

Patrick46

it's NOT copperplate, but it darn close???...so modify it to fit your needs.
I've had types that I could not find for a customer, and have spent countless hours looking for a match. Finally found a close one, and with a couple of changes, had something more than workable. Fixed in no time. TIME = MONEY!!!

b'sides...unless they're able to see BOTH sides at the same time...they'll probably never minor differences between the 2 names. Most customers are not that savy when it comes to what we do. Now if this is some huge job that will be seen on national TV, I may be inclined to put in the extra effort. This doesn't appear to be a job that you'll be making big bank from.

you know...the old difference between a good carpenter & a bad one??