• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fire Helmet decals

CrAkD

I have a guy looking for small 2x2 fireman's helmet decals. He wants red reflective with black print/design. I was thinking red oralite black print I Imagine it has to be laminated as well? will this work? Am I missing anything?

I use Oralite for most of my fire helmet decals, but I thermally print it and then laminate it. You should be fine printing with solvent ink, but laminate it for sure. Just to CYA, make sure to tell your customer that you cannot guarantee any vinyl that is used on a fire helmet in live fire conditions, and also by applying that decal to the helmet he may void the manufacturer's warranty and/or its compliance with NFPA standards.

CrAkD

I use Oralite for most of my fire helmet decals, but I thermally print it and then laminate it. You should be fine printing with solvent ink, but laminate it for sure. Just to CYA, make sure to tell your customer that you cannot guarantee any vinyl that is used on a fire helmet in live fire conditions, and also by applying that decal to the helmet he may void the manufacturer's warranty and/or its compliance with NFPA standards.

What would you charge for 50 2x2 decals on red reflective black solvent print and lam? My supplier doesn't have oralite I forget the brand they said but it's equally as expensive $87 for 5yd of 30" $50 5yd of 15"

What would you charge for 50 2x2 decals on red reflective black solvent print and lam? My supplier doesn't have oralite I forget the brand they said but it's equally as expensive $87 for 5yd of 30" $50 5yd of 15"

I don't currently do any solvent printing, just thermal so my costs will be different from yours. Just up charge the reflective by whatever percent you normally use for material and then figure in your shop rate. Just make sure to use a good quality reflective.

CrAkD

Ya I have an edge as well but since getting the versacamm I've been using versa works exclusively so printing on the edge and cutting on the Roland will most likely be a headache I don't want to deal with.