• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fire Truck Lettering

edgette

Another fire truck job. No matches that I could find on identifont

Attachments

• side_small.jpg
    side_small.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 244

edgette

I didn't take the pictures, I had just received them from the fire cheif. So I didn't get to inspect it myself. I would guess, given the age of the truck, that it would be vinyl graphics and not painted. Anything close to this font would be good for their new one. The last fire truck I had to do took some tweaking to the font to get it right and it turned out great in the end.

TammieH

I would say it is hand painted, check out the "T" in DEPART., its not symmetrical, neither is the "T" in STEPHENSON, but less noticeable. Bookman is a very close match...just tweak the T's and F's.

Si Allen

If you look very carefully ... the Ts and Es are not all the same.

Either it is hand painted or a not very good vectoring job of an another truck that was hand done.

46 years in this biz ... and I cannot recall ever seeing an E and F that look like that!

Edited to add that Tammy and Gino snuck in while I was typing.

edgette

Thanks for the help guys. I was able to find the font tex gyre bonum bold that looks just about spot on besides the funny E's and F.