• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Firefox add-ons?

theskipman_98

was using faster fox (can't use with 3.0), Downloader, cooliris plugin, and redshift black skin (also not available for 3.0)

Shovelhead

Split Browser
All-in-one-Sidebar
Download Status Bar
Fasterfox
Flashgot
IE Tab
PDF Download
Stumbleupon
Stylish
Tiny Menu
DownTheAll
AdBlock Plus
United States English Dictionary
Oldbar
Broadband Speed Test

choucove

download helper allows you to download streaming content you can't normally download, such as video streaming video from youtube or google video. Foxmarks synchronizes your bookmarks and favorites among all your computers. That way on all of your computers you will automatically have all the same favorites and bookmarks listed and available.

These are the two main ones that I use, there are some other very helpful ones out there though!

Sign_Boy

I know I should have been using Firefox for a while now, but I just made the switch. It's good to read about these add-ons.

cOrKinSA

I had it before but there was way to much to add and in the end it was just like using IE.
I am not giving up but what is there for Fox that I can't add in my links bar in IE?

Sign_Boy

Isn't that managed by various applications already? If it eliminates certain costly programs I will stick with it. But what are they?

From what I understand and I'm no tech as you all know from my fiasco last week. IE has many flaws and is pron to security risks. Am I 100% correct ???? I'm sure someone will chime in on this matter. I'm only going by what I've been told.

choucove

A lot of security threats are targeted towards IE, and one of the biggest security problems present is in the ActiveX controls. Firefox is much more secure in handling requests for ActiveX controls than IE which basically just allows most things right through. Firefox has a long-standing reputation for being more secure for internet use than IE. It also has the reputation of being stable, having more "features" and customizable.

Sign_Boy

A lot of security threats are targeted towards IE, and one of the biggest security problems present is in the ActiveX controls. Firefox is much more secure in handling requests for ActiveX controls than IE which basically just allows most things right through. Firefox has a long-standing reputation for being more secure for internet use than IE. It also has the reputation of being stable, having more "features" and customizable.

Not to mention their logo is so much cooler looking