• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fireman's Cross

westpointsigns

Anyone know where I can find the outline for this shield?

I need to put 4 of these on a couple of firetrucks next week. They were purchased on e-bay by the fire dept. (actually I purchased them at their request). The company said they would send me the outline to cut an overlay (I've gotten nothing from them after emailing and calling several times) and now time is running out. The brand new ladder truck will be here on Tuesday and they want all the lettering and graphics done on Wednesday.

If anyone has a lead on where I can get this file, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
JD

Attachments

• Shield.JPG
    Shield.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 103

qmr55

Do you need it vectorized? Would be hard with them flames.

If you just need an outline cant you just trace it with the bezier tool?

westpointsigns

I just need the outline.
The problem is it comes out distorted when I trace it.
Too much on one side too little on another.

If I can find the file, I'll just buy it and charge the customer for it.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
We have quite a few basic Maltese Cross images in vector that might save you some time. Here's a link to them. The flames look to me to be either photographic or non vector images set into the cross. I doubt you will get good results trying to vectorize them.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Man, this is an easy graphic to do, just make a 90 degree triangle (easy enough to do, make a square, turn it 45 degrees, remove one corner so it's only 3 points), pair off , dupe and spin, convert outside length on one to a curve, add back a 4th point, nudge outwards, bring in outside curve points equally to make your compound curve, repeat or replace other triangles remove circle shape from tips of triangles and you're done ... base that process off your photo and the shape is done and exact. Took me 4 times longer to type than to do.

Attachments

• FIREMANS-CROSS-PROCESS.jpg
    FIREMANS-CROSS-PROCESS.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 82

westpointsigns

Thanks for all the suggestions and help, but I'm not sure if I made myself clear in the OP.

These are already printed, in hand, and ready to stick. So this is the exact design I need.

Thanks again to everyone for all the help and suggestions.

Time's up on my end and just going to hand cut them.

Drip Dry

Why don't you have the vector dr do the outline. Overlay his vector over your printed piece. Can't be too expensive. Maybe you can get him to do it in one day for an added cost.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Making a contour cut of that suitable for the purpose is something that would take only a minute or two. Getting it to be the correct size and line up with images that have already been printed would seem to me to be the problem.