• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just In FireSprint Fast & Free

Christian @ 2CT Media

I think that its a good strategy. Even when you have the lowest prices, theres a psychological hurdle with paying for shipping today. Whats it cost, 10% max on the cheapest order?
Far from it, even Amazon admits shipping and packaging accounts for nearly 20% of their cost on most 0products. The lower the sales price the higher the margin wipe out.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Far from it, even Amazon admits shipping and packaging accounts for nearly 20% of their cost on most 0products. The lower the sales price the higher the margin wipe out.
Amazon is direct retail that has a customer base that regularly buys $5 garbage that gets shipped for free. That is hardly the same as a wholesale sign printer. With that being said, what built amazons retail business and drives it today? Prime shipping. Their prices are nothing spectacular either but they dominate in sales and are profitable doing it because of that. Maybe they take it on the chin sometimes but the overall benefit is well worth it.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Amazon is direct retail that has a customer base that regularly buys $5 garbage that gets shipped for free. That is hardly the same as a wholesale sign printer. With that being said, what built amazons retail business and drives it today? Prime shipping. Their prices are nothing spectacular either but they dominate in sales and are profitable doing it because of that. Maybe they take it on the chin sometimes but the overall benefit is well worth it.
You are missing the point. The largest shipper in the world, so large they had to buy a fleet of airplanes and create a logistics company to keep their costs down says they have to account for 20% of the sale price to go to shipping and packaging.

So I don't care what industry you are in, that metric is only going to get worse as you reduce in size from Amazon. Now pair that with the large sized heavy goods from our industry and the cost just goes up.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
You are missing the point. The largest shipper in the world, so large they had to buy a fleet of airplanes and create a logistics company to keep their costs down says they have to account for 20% of the sale price to go to shipping and packaging.

So I don't care what industry you are in, that metric is only going to get worse as you reduce in size from Amazon. Now pair that with the large sized heavy goods from our industry and the cost just goes up.

Thankfully that is what is keeping the big boys at bay on selling and shipping 4'x8' directly to consumer. Hardly anything I'd choose to complain about.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Thankfully that is what is keeping the big boys at bay on selling and shipping 4'x8' directly to consumer. Hardly anything I'd choose to complain about.
I'm not complaining, I look up to Firesprint and I think the strides they are taking are great for the industry. I was just having an open commentary about shipping and how companies offer "free" shipping.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Again, thank you for all the support guys! We're really excited about this. There surely will be some wrinkles to iron out but we'll work on it!

Last edited:

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica

Im not missing anything. I get why companies are doing it, apparently you do not. So what if 20% of the sale price goes to shipping? Its factored in just like every other cogs.