• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Firmware Rollback - HP FB700

rdm01

Through an unfortunate series of events we wound up with firmware for a FB750 on our FB700. Our hard drive failed, and we were told by HP that the new part number for the 750 should work for the 700. It doesn't.

Is there an easy way to rollback the firmware? I tried sending a previous version but the printer canceled it. We may be seeking part replacement, but for now I'd really like to get printing.

Thank you for any help you are able to offer.

danno

This is just a thought, would it be possible to format/blank the hdd and install the fb700 firmware?

neobruo

If I can help, I'll do it!
This is just a thought, would it be possible to format/blank the hdd and install the fb700 firmware?

It is not possible because the hdd partitions! (linux format ext4 partitions)
I don't have technical contact with FB750 but I do have with FB700. I always suppose that if the part number of the two hard drives are different, they won't work at different FB models!