• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

firmware, strange line, only 4 ink cartridge lights

jacksonsigns

I have a few questions, I have searched but not found what I am looking for. That brings up another point. I have seached for things on here using the forum search, one time (that I know of) I got zero results, did a google search and it found a post on this forum. Okay, back to what I came here for. I recently bought a used JV33-160, it has firware 1.5. Is there any reason that I would want to update, other than just to update? Next: I have a strange line showing up in my prints, it is running the feed direction. I will post pictures below. At first I thought it had to do with one of the rollers, so I move the media (Avery 1005 ez rs) and the line showed up inbetween the rollers. This is a trailer wrap that is broken up into 6 tiles through Onyx production house and the lines show up in every tile. The black seems to be heavy enought that it fills it in but you can still tell it's there under led light. I also put in a new roll of material and have the same results. Any Ideas? Last: I am running Triangle JVV CMYKx2. for the first few days all of the cartridge lights were on, now only 4 of them are on. If I pull out one of them that is on, it switches to the other one and that light turns on. As soon as I push the original cartridge back in, that light comes back on and the other shuts off. Is there a setting for CMYK, CMYKx2, CMYKlclm.... that may have got changed?

Attachments

• IMG_1509.jpg
    IMG_1509.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 78
  • 001 IMG_1511.jpg
    001 IMG_1511.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 83

sha

I have a few questions, I have searched but not found what I am looking for. That brings up another point. I have seached for things on here using the forum search, one time (that I know of) I got zero results, did a google search and it found a post on this forum. Okay, back to what I came here for. I recently bought a used JV33-160, it has firware 1.5. Is there any reason that I would want to update, other than just to update? Next: I have a strange line showing up in my prints, it is running the feed direction. I will post pictures below. At first I thought it had to do with one of the rollers, so I move the media (Avery 1005 ez rs) and the line showed up inbetween the rollers. This is a trailer wrap that is broken up into 6 tiles through Onyx production house and the lines show up in every tile. The black seems to be heavy enought that it fills it in but you can still tell it's there under led light. I also put in a new roll of material and have the same results. Any Ideas? Last: I am running Triangle JVV CMYKx2. for the first few days all of the cartridge lights were on, now only 4 of them are on. If I pull out one of them that is on, it switches to the other one and that light turns on. As soon as I push the original cartridge back in, that light comes back on and the other shuts off. Is there a setting for CMYK, CMYKx2, CMYKlclm.... that may have got changed?

For the problem with the line in feed direction: Check encoder strip for dirt or scratches at the position of the line.
Problem with the cartridges lights is normal, JV33 always using only one cartridge of each color to print. If you remove cartridge that is in use machine will switch on second and if you return used cartridge back it will switch on it to use it until is empty.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Ink cartridge lights are normal. If 2 sets are installed and one set is full then the full set lights will be off. Only the 4 active cartridges lights will be on as mentioned. Once those run out it automatically switches to the full cartridge. Then the empty will have a red light on indicating it needs replaced.

On the firmware, updated firmware fixes problems. They generally do not make new firmware for fun. That being said, firmware on a JV33 is above version 5 now but that comes with a catch. Next time you need to replace the head your only option will be a Mimaki OEM head. If you want to save money and use a plain Epson DX5 head (which works perfectly fine) you must not upgrade the firmware above version 2.2. Also once a JV33 is upgrade to version 5 or higher, that is an irreversible firmware upgrade from what I have read. In other words, it cannot be downgraded from that point on. Version 4 can be downgraded back to 1.x if needed...

On the line, not really sure. Is the nozzle test perfect? The one thing I'd check is for a speck of something on the encoder strip. That can cause that....

jacksonsigns

OK, as far as the "verticle banding" for lack of better term, it is absolutely not related to the rollers or the media, I have tested many ways to rule that out. I did find a scratch on the encoder strip just to the right of where the problem is, I will measure when I am done printing, but I would venture to guess that it is about the same distant as the print head is away from the encoder sensor. Cartridge lights, from what you all are saying it is normal, I just could have sworn that they were all lit up at one point. Speaking of "lit up", that is some stong solvent.:omg: Maybe that was the problem. On a side note, I bypassed all of the "dummy" cartridges today, solved dropout/ink starvation problems. Next is to figure out how to bypass the chips. FIRMWARE.... can you jump as far up as you want or do you need to go in order? Other than the print head issue are there any other known negatives or possitives for that matter, and is there a list of firmwares with their related fixes? I will search this, just thought someone might know. Thanks again for all of your responses.