• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Firmware update in 1604

Joop

I found out that the valuejet I just bought has some outdated firmware... All the way back to 1.06 /1.09.

So I go ahead and visit the Mutoh site to get the firmware and install.
Yadda yadda yadda,
Turns out I have to open the printer and flip some dip switches for both of the updates. That means getting to the main board in the back, and getting to the heater board under the curved dryer.

The Mutoh guy said I should get a tech out there but I think I may try it myself. Anyone do this before? and no there is no warrantee on the machine.
I guess it's rare to have both of the boards having to be updated this way, but lucky me, I get to!

Any advice? I'm about to dive into this machine right after lunch.:banghead:

MacDaddy

It's not a big issue... Call whomever you bought the machine from and have a tech walk you thru it or remote in and do it for you...

Joop

Yeah, just finished it... everything is updated. Wasn't that bad. Thanks anyway!