• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Firmware update

Interjavi

Hi all,

Is there any chance of upgrade the 2.20 FW on my CJV30/160 to, at least, 2.50?.

How is it made?.

Vinylman

Firm Ware update

ANY TIME you update firmware, you better have a damn good reason to do it, AND know why you are doing it.
NEVER update just because the manufacturer said so.

Many people have caused unnecessary heartache because of these updates. look at what Microsoft has done to computers because of silly updates.

For decent response to your question you should provide DETAILED information as to why you need or want to do something. Otherwise the answers you get will probably NOT be valid.

It is like asking how dark is dark enough?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Nevermind..... was thinking JV33, not CJV. On a CJV there is indeed a 2.50 as well as 3.00 and 3.10.

I agree on running "software" updates and also agree on being careful about machine firmware updates. Machine firmware updates however are far and fewer between and generally either fix important errors or add important functions like supporting new ink sets. I would agree though, if you machine is working fine it is generally best to leave well enough alone. Additionally the Mimaki firmware update tools and firmware itself are not available to the general public to download.

On version 2.50 below is the fixes. Also, 2.50 looks to be a one way update. In other words you will never be able to downgrade the firmware below 2.50 once you install it. I'd venture to guess if this is like the JV33 that also means you will never be able to run a plain DX5 printhead - your only option when the time comes will be a DX5 head from Mimaki which costs 3 times as much or nothing.

Firmware Version 2.50 Defects corrected
#TEST→ Pattern with all dots (7*5 dots) is added to LCD test.
Voltage depression because of power source defect may lead to Error 250”Y COODINATES”. In order to specify an error cause, which is motor-induced or power source-induced, an error indication of power source-induced is changed to “ERROR 03 / POWER 42V”.
Cut misalignment on register marks. Cut with register marks and when its file (data) needs to use more than 2 tools such as CUT1 and HALF, a scale correction of register marks is inactivated, cutting is misaligned to the feed direction.
When register marks are unused and P/C origin adjusted value is the minus, adjusted value can not be reflected to an actual image cutting.
Cut misalignment on actual image occurs even after the adjustment of P/C origin adjusted value with no register marks was completed. Operability is improved. Adjusted value can easily be input so that the value can be corrected during an image cutting
During cutting operation, when data is sent from the host, media is fed to X direction at 30cm.
When a detection of 3rd register mark is failed, media is fed and it is slipped out from a platen.

When F/W is updated to Ver.2.50 via an update tool of RLP5 Ver.2.10, it is unable to downgrade its latest version to previous versions because of reasons described below.
F/W Ver2.50 is adapted to white and silver of ES3 ink. Therefore, a regardless of whether white and silver of ES3 ink are used, users can not downgrade F/W version to previous versions which are not adapted to such inks.

Interjavi

Well, the reason for wanting the upgrade is, as I said in other thread, that I've change the printhead and the machine does not update the head ID number, in order to have the correct parameters with the new one.

The FW of this machine is 2.20, and the version that let you change this number manually is 2.50, that's all.

As all of you, I don't like to update the FW because many times it means more restrictions with inks or parts, and no advantage for the user. But in this case I thought that it could be the way to fix my problem.