• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

First boat wrap

Signs Express

We've had a few request to wrap some boats. We've done plenty of road going vehicles, but have not had to tackle a boat hull before. What do we need to know about creating a template for the hull?

One's a smaller bass fishing boat and the other a speed boat. Thanks in advance for your advice.

dolce05

its very hard to explain how you need to make a template through and email, at least for us it would be. There are alot of points you need to take into consideration. I will say you will need alot of measuring and when the art is done, remeasure and remeasure again.

Your best bet is to let someone who's done boats before do your first boat, and you will learn a bunch from that.....I mean i can tell you how to install a transmission but if you were to help me on one you would learn and understand a whole lot more.

Good Luck

Mosh

Explain to them it is not perminent. Most people are going to expect it to last for years. Lots of boats I have seen down in the Ozarks that have been wrapped look great the first season, then not so much after that.

dolce05

thats not always true we did boats that have been in the water two three years and they look great, it all depends on the customer and how they take care of their product. Everyone seems to think when they purchase a wrap that its maintenance free. We educate the customer on how maintenance of their new wrap can be extremely beneficial to them. Plus we only do marine wraps with 3M, which I think helps for longevity

Mosh

I have never wrapped a boat, but have seen lots down at the lake that look good until you take a closer look. True, it is all how you care for stuff. Most people down there anymore don't keep a boat longer that 2-3 years anyway.