• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

First cuts with D75..

Jim Cancil

The cutter came to me used, tho' only a year old ... I got Flexisign starter for Mac .. loaded and hooked up USB. Loaded cutter with 50yd roll of 24" Oracal 651 ...and, typical of us Mac users: just did it. I figure I got multiple, useable lettering cuts in about 1/2hr.. (weeding .80" letters is a PITA, eh?!)

But the Summa does something really spooky: you load the vinyl, set the pressure rollers (thanks Summa for the prompts..) and the cutter spits out a ton of vinyl ..then inhales it back again before it is set to go. ..not always smoothly.

The vinyl will want to bunch between the pinch rollers and one time the s__t got about 20deg off center and really bunched up on the RH side.

Is is a normal action? Preventable? I'm sure I'll have more questions, but this one does not seem to be something I can simply intuit my way out of. Thanks.

Jim

Jim Cancil

I think I found the odd feed/backfeed problem; I did not have one end guide in tight. That side had a wobble so the vinyl was not feeding correctly.

Jim

Rooster

You can slow down the speed at which the vinyl loads into the machine. I had to do it as my 54" cutter would just mangle the crap out of the printed vinyl that was loaded into the machine during the loading process.

Once I slowed that part of the process down it behaves nicely.

If you have any issues with your machine's operation I suggest calling Summa Tech support. They are very knowledgeable and helpful with support for both newbies and pros alike.