• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

First for our shop

sballinger

It's been two months of tension fabric signs and this one is a first for us. A tapered circle. The math behind finding how to layout the artwork was the first hurdle but after that it was smooth sailing

Attachments

• novadaq_4.jpg
    novadaq_4.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 196
  • novadaq_2.jpg
    novadaq_2.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 169

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
That's one sweet project, for sure.

Ah yes...a problem from drafting 101. I've used both the (old fashioned) drafting board and AutoCAD to do ortho layouts for conical surfaces. Brings back memories.

JB

sballinger

Ok, since you asked so nicely!

I've attached three images, the formula and drawing from that (the pink shape is the front view of the frame) and then the other images show how the arc is determined and the final artwork that was printed twice

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-04-05 at 9.13.23 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-04-05 at 9.13.23 AM.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 167
  • Screen Shot 2013-04-05 at 9.13.32 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-04-05 at 9.13.32 AM.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 202
  • Screen Shot 2013-04-05 at 9.14.26 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-04-05 at 9.14.26 AM.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 182

sballinger

I remember when I didn't have room for those two tables in our old shop, now i've got 6- 5 x 10' rolling tables (two for the laminator) and the rest for fabric.

Jillbeans

I'm glad you figured it out...if I ever need something like that I will send the job to you.
:)
If it was painted I could probably do it OK though.
Love....Jill

iprint

or path and error. lol jk.
But seriously, nice job. I wish I could work with fabric like that.

Edited to ask if you print the fabric in house and if so, what equipment are you using? Direct Sublimation, Transfer Sublimation? Heat press?

sballinger

We print some fabric in house, depends on if the client is renting the exhibit for 1-2 uses or purchasing for the long haul. Rental= fabric on our LX850 and Purchase= Dye Sub outsourced to another vendor