• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

First Logo Design Critique on Signs101

SignWorksOfOregon

So I am pretty new here and thought I would post a couple initial logo mockups I am working on for a customer. She saw these, didn't like #1 at all, but likes #2. Her only feedback of what else she would like to see was mind boggling to me. She said she would like to see a version that looks like a for sale sign. huh??? I tried to have her explain this a bit more, but that didn't give much more direction really.

Attachments

• Resale2u Logo Designs #1.jpg
    Resale2u Logo Designs #1.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 104

SignLogic

We'll just never understand some clients. I think the either are not terrible, but could use some tweaking.

Does she want it to look like a standard red & white for sale sign like you would buy at your local hardware store?

R08

#1 is more colorful and fancy but maybe that's not what she wants. I actually think that #2 is a better design in that the design reiforces the store name.

Whereas the first one shouts recycling centre which I think may miss the message.

Maxphobia

ah the 'ol "make it look a sign I saw once......." I'd go with Sign logic and just make one that looks like a reg for sale sign you can pick up at walmart or something

Jillbeans

The top one has too many gradients and too many colors.
Looks like a recycling logo.
Second, altho the font and kerning are iffy, is more effective.
It's cleaner and has more potential.
Try stacking the Resale on top of 2u and making the price tag border bigger.
Even a font such as Impact would have more...well...impact.
Love.....Jill

SignWorksOfOregon

We'll just never understand some clients. I think the either are not terrible, but could use some tweaking.

Does she want it to look like a standard red & white for sale sign like you would buy at your local hardware store?

I believe this is what she was referring to. I will take a shot at it and see what I can come up with I guess??? Although the idea of designing a logo that looks like a sign to put on a sign/business/card/banner does not make any sense!

heres your sign

HA this is what I pictured when she told me that!

The top one has too many gradients and too many colors.
Looks like a recycling logo.
Second, altho the font and kerning are iffy, is more effective.
It's cleaner and has more potential.
Try stacking the Resale on top of 2u and making the price tag border bigger.
Even a font such as Impact would have more...well...impact.
Love.....Jill

Thanks for the feedback Jill! I think I did overdo things a bit on the first option. I think I will scrap the first idea, and work on the second idea a bit more, and also try and come up with SOMETHING for a "for sale sign" look. I will post when i get something worked up.