• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

First motorcycle wrap...in the bag!

jjw2002

I just finished wrapping a BMW G350 GS, taking the red to pink. It turned out pretty good, but had some issues with a few curves and one spot was stretched a little too much (IMO...however, the customer loves it!) All I had to work with was a plastic squeegee, a heat gun and an exacto blade. Has anyone else had experience with his type of job? Maybe tools that would expedite the process? It took a lot longer than I originally thought, but it was also a learning experience for me. I went with 3M 1080 satin fluorescent pink. Pretty easy to work with (I did have minimal bubbles, but am expecting them to work out with sun exposure) and will definitely use it on future jobs. Also, opinions or criticism on the finished product is welcome!

Attachments

• BMW_before.jpg
    BMW_before.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 121
  • BMW1.jpg
    BMW1.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 122
  • BMW2.jpg
    BMW2.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 122

Bly

Nice job.
We've wrapped a few bikes.
Never made any money doing it though..

jjw2002

Nice job.
We've wrapped a few bikes.
Never made any money doing it though..

I definitely didn't make anything on this once I figured in time... but the experience was worth it. For the first one anyway. :)

joelswork

Great transformation! Bikes are crazy tough. I'm doing a few things on my cafe project and vowed to do it without seams... Attempt #1 on the tank needed up with a seam and after 4 attempts on the headlight housing...I have a small seam (that thing isn't quite like a basketball...more like the Death Star with the concave areas residing in a couple spots). Great for testing your patience. Another attempt on the tank will be made over the next few weeks as I've changed my color scheme.

bigben

I've tried the technique in this video a few time and it saved lot of time. It took 2-3 attempt to understand how to adjust heat, vinyl and technique, but it work great.

[video=youtube;LFEvctCEYq8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFEvctCEYq8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

jjw2002

Great transformation! Bikes are crazy tough. I'm doing a few things on my cafe project and vowed to do it without seams... Attempt #1 on the tank needed up with a seam and after 4 attempts on the headlight housing...I have a small seam (that thing isn't quite like a basketball...more like the Death Star with the concave areas residing in a couple spots). Great for testing your patience. Another attempt on the tank will be made over the next few weeks as I've changed my color scheme.

:omg: That sounds extremely difficult! lol. This bike definitely tested my patience at times. Would love to see pics of the finished product though!!! :thumb:

jjw2002

I've tried the technique in this video a few time and it saved lot of time. It took 2-3 attempt to understand how to adjust heat, vinyl and technique, but it work great.

[video=youtube;LFEvctCEYq8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFEvctCEYq8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

:omg::omg::omg: Very cool!!!!

joelswork

:omg: That sounds extremely difficult! lol. This bike definitely tested my patience at times. Would love to see pics of the finished product though!!! :thumb:

Here it is, the headlight anyway!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 129
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 113