• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

First Pan Face Estimate, Sound right?

jman

So I am expanding out to different sign types as I have picked up a new substrate vendor and I wanted to touch base on my pricing for some pan faces as I haven't done these before.

I'm doubling my substrate cost btw.

This estimate is for 2 pan faces that make up 1 light box sign. We are replacing the old yellowed faces with fresh white ones.

1 3x6' Pan Face Polycarb with multi-color translucent graphics $813
1 1x6' Pan Face Polycarb with single color black text (phone number) $317.43

Both Faces with graphics installed onto them $1130.43

Installation (removing old faces, installing new) $300 including travel time. The place is about 10 minutes up the road. Installation I was figuring in loading up the panels, traveling, setting up, removing old and installing new. Figured on 4 hours @ $75hr

All in all $1430 Installed from start to finish. Sound high, low, fair?

Thanks in advance!

visual800

for those 2 small sizes sounds fine to me, i gotta ask though why is it gonna take 4 hours to install?

jman

for those 2 small sizes sounds fine to me, i gotta ask though why is it gonna take 4 hours to install?

Just submitted the estimate and customer said it's a bit too much lol

I told them they are free to shop around and we will keep their estimate good for 15 days if they chose to go with us after doing so.

I factored in travel time, loading up the signs and all the setup and install time within that.

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
Generally, sliding in faces will go faster than that, but your number isn't too far off in my opinion. If your quote was quite a bit higher than the next guy, look for the signs to have flat faces when they go back up. :banghead:

That's about what I can get away with for a job like that in my area, if I'm using our bucket truck for the installation. Maybe a little more depending on how complicated the design is on the 3' x 6' face.

If the signs are reachable from the ground or from a small ladder, maybe that's why your customer is complaining. It shouldn't take you more than 15 minutes, tops, to change those faces out.