• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

First partial wrap help

CanuckSigns

We are getting ready to partially wrap our shop truck, it's a 2010 Ford Ranger, I had a question regarding the fenders, it has the fenders with the big fake bolt heads on it (it's actually held in with clips) how you most people handle these? do you cut them out or heat and work them in? it seems like it would require too much stretching and be a point for failure!

The design is attached, Any tips you can give would be very well appreciated, I took the avery wrap class, but this will be my first real world attempt any anything curvy, the design is printed on Avery 1005 ezrs with the 1360 lam.

Cheers!

Attachments

• shop truck.jpg
    shop truck.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 81

4R Graphics

Well since your new to wraps I would say wrap over them and then see if you can get them to set.

If it looks bad or you cant get them to stay then trim them out.

If you have to reprint and reinstall the wrap so what.

This will help you get some practice and to find out what you can do and what the material you have chosen can do as well.

Alot of people here hate Avery I have used it many times and find it is very easy to work with and can really stretch if need be (all though not the best thing to do). The only problem with the supercast that I have ever had is it is so thin that if you have to wrap something outside the heat (I am in Florida) will make it very easy to stretch when applying (making panel alignment difficult) but other than that not a bad material at all.

CanuckSigns

Looks good! I haven't had the "pleasure" of dealing with those fenders, but as said I would wrap over then trim out.

I really like the design, and I'm sure you're not asking for advice....but the only thing that I don't like is the strip of services along the box.

Can you remove the sport decal and enlarge/extend the list so that it's larger, easier to read from a distance and centered on the box? It just seems a little awkward the way you have it there.

One other thing to consider is what graphics will fall on the gas cap. It's hard to tell where it is exactly from that picture but I would make sure there isn't any text that may get lost when you trim out the lip that sticks out.

Good luck - look forward to seeing the completed pics!

Thanks Pat, yes the sport decal is coming off and the list will be evenly spaced along the box.

Thanks for all the advice everyone, i will let you know how it goes.