Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First partial wrap help

Discussion in 'Vehicle Wraps' started by CanuckSigns, Oct 25, 2012.

1. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    We are getting ready to partially wrap our shop truck, it's a 2010 Ford Ranger, I had a question regarding the fenders, it has the fenders with the big fake bolt heads on it (it's actually held in with clips) how you most people handle these? do you cut them out or heat and work them in? it seems like it would require too much stretching and be a point for failure!

The design is attached, Any tips you can give would be very well appreciated, I took the avery wrap class, but this will be my first real world attempt any anything curvy, the design is printed on Avery 1005 ezrs with the 1360 lam.

Cheers!

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Coloradosigns

Coloradosigns Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    wrap over it, and trim the circles out.
    You're over thinking it.

3. 401Graphics

401Graphics Very Active Member

they arent made of a low energy plastic are they?

4. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    That's a Ford - the whole truck is low energy.....

wayne k
    guam usa

5. qmr55

qmr55 Very Active Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Yardville NJ
    Junk* you mean the whole truck is junk right?

#chevy

6. 4R Graphics

4R Graphics Active Member

Jan 28, 2008
    Well since your new to wraps I would say wrap over them and then see if you can get them to set.

If it looks bad or you cant get them to stay then trim them out.

If you have to reprint and reinstall the wrap so what.

This will help you get some practice and to find out what you can do and what the material you have chosen can do as well.

Alot of people here hate Avery I have used it many times and find it is very easy to work with and can really stretch if need be (all though not the best thing to do). The only problem with the supercast that I have ever had is it is so thin that if you have to wrap something outside the heat (I am in Florida) will make it very easy to stretch when applying (making panel alignment difficult) but other than that not a bad material at all.

7. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    Thanks Pat, yes the sport decal is coming off and the list will be evenly spaced along the box.

Thanks for all the advice everyone, i will let you know how it goes.