• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

First Printer option?

Malkin

The LE is when we have also.

And to answer your question from #40, you are probably correct in that a VersaCamm is not a great choice for a daily vinyl plotter. It's possible, but perhaps not recommended. We use ours only for plotting needed that is larger than the 15" can handle.

gabagoo

The Edge LE is what we use, but we also have a Mimaki jv3. I still use the Edge from time to time but you cant beat the speed and quality of an inkjet. The Edge is great if you need to print white. I was never thrilled with its 4 colour ability and the cost associated with it.
You should also know that the Edge can have drop outs when printing which is my pet peeve. Not always the machines fault it can be the vinyl too.

boggiom72

Colin, did you buy yet?
I'm converting my FJ740 to sepiax.
If you can still wait a couple of week i'll let you kno how it goes...
If it is the case buying an old Roland for 2k or less (i paid mine 1500$) may b in the end the more cutting edge choice! (irony...)
m

signswi

The rep I was speaking to yesterday said that a solvent printer doesn't require a lam, but an eco solvent does.

You need lam on solvent as well for durability/longevity. You can skip it on one-season yard signs, banners (obviously), etc. but for vehicle wraps and such laminate is a requirement.

Colin

Agreed. I guess he was suggesting to me that a true solvent print can go a tiny bit further without a laminate.