• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

First Project

davesigns

Maybe I should call this "learning curve"

Client wanted Just some price changes and some new pizza's added to the board.

With the number of changes I felt it easier to reletter the board

Lessons learnt

Don't relatter buy new board ( I spent more time removing and cleaning up than the price of the perspex).

SPELL CHECK

Check for capitols and spacing ( ok I can hear you all laughing)

However I now have some new techniques

ie need to change one letter from lower to uppercase

recut the letters either side of the wrong letter(s)

apply the application tape then remove release liner, place clear sticky tape over the letters you dont want to apply then use them as registration marks to apply the new letters/words in perfect alignment

I have since used this technique to repair damaged signs and also to do price rises on the menu boards.

Another lesson I learnt was to not believe the clients brochure ( I found an incorrect price on it that he didn't know of, if I hadn't previously worked in the industry i wouldn't have noticed either

In the end all was well
Client very happy and I managed to get another order for a new board to place in his window:smile:

Happy with the result
Dave

Attachments

• IMAGE_00019.jpg
    IMAGE_00019.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 291
D

DARLAK

and it is amost readable.....does it come with a magnifing glass? could they have put just a few more pizzas' on there?

davesigns

I agree too much in the space, however it was a reletter job and I didn't get a say in the layout.

I actually enjoyed making it as it presented plenty of challenges as a first project and was a great learning curve.

I had to think outside the square to come up with solutions to problems ( that my lack of knowledge on this subject caused) and it was great practice for weeding. Why do they put dots on i'S LOL

Thanks for the feedback

Dave

Craig Sjoquist

egad ..what a 1st project ..yikes ..well ya did great for the amount of copy, ... hope it's in viewing range for customers lol hope the next ones easier ... oh just to help incase ya have not ...read Mike Stevens mastering layout this will help ya figure this stuff out and really improve your layouts

`13 folds