• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

First shirts...

qmr55

Did my first shirts today...

Just some simple stuff to give to my friends, for those of you who don't know...vandelay industries is a joke company from seinfeld :Big Laugh

Attachments

• IMG_20110909_215322.jpg
    IMG_20110909_215322.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_20110909_203358.jpg
    IMG_20110909_203358.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 132

qmr55

It's a terrible picture, I tried to get the faded, old look. It looks great in person but in the picture you cant tell! I'll have to try and get another picture.

qmr55

Art Vandelay's occupation was an architect.

Actually depending on the episode, he is an importer/exporter or an architect.

Quote from Wiki:

Art Vandelay first appears in the episode "The Stake Out", in which George and Jerry need an excuse to give to a woman as to why they are waiting in the lobby of the office building where she worked. Their excuse is that they were meeting Art Vandelay, an importer-exporter who works in the same building, for lunch. In one instance ("The Boyfriend"), George tells the unemployment office he is close to getting a job at "Vandelay Industries". The name is also used as a fake boyfriend of Elaine. Here, Art is an importer/exporter and used as a cover story for when George is going on a date with Marisa Tomei, claiming that George and Elaine are meeting to discuss a problem with her boyfriend so that Susan does not think that George is having an affair ("The Cadillac"). George also uses the pseudonym when interviewing for a job with Elaine's boss in "The Red Dot". When asked which authors he reads, the answer is "Art Vandelay" from New York. In "The Serenity Now", George calls up fake customers, one of whom is "Mr. Vandelay", pretending to get computer orders. In "The Bizarro Jerry", George goes to an office and asks for Mr. Vandelay as part of a setup to approach an attractive secretary. Finally, in "The Puerto Rican Day", George pretends to be Vandelay (along with Jerry as Kel Varnsen and Kramer as Pennypacker) to try to sneak into an open house to watch a Mets game that they had left because the team was getting blown out. In the episode "The Finale", the name of the presiding judge is actually Arthur Vandelay, much to George's amazement. George says he thinks it is "good luck" that that is the judge's name.

qmr55

Did a few more today...here's one, my first two color shirt...

Attachments

• IMG_20110910_181608.jpg
    IMG_20110910_181608.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 190

qmr55

Most recent one for myself...made 4 of them for me, my partner and my father. and one spare :Big Laugh

Attachments

• IMG_20110913_222847.jpg
    IMG_20110913_222847.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 176

phototec

It's a terrible picture, I tried to get the faded, old look. It looks great in person but in the picture you cant tell! I'll have to try and get another picture.

Nice work for the first time!

For a better photo, have a voluptuous model wear the shirt, and take the photo outside in open shade sunlight to get the best photo (see example).

:thumb:

Attachments

• sexy_tshirt_girls_640_04.jpg
    sexy_tshirt_girls_640_04.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 143

frontside

I actually made my own press for now. Just a side project I'm doing to learn more about the process, eventually I plan to offer it as a service at my shop.

Any suggestions for the future?

keep screen printing , you seem to already mastering the technique .... you can deal with some client for some one color printing and make some big money .As a side part of my major work i do some garment screenprinting and it's always good money even with ghetto equipment .