• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

first sign

DAVE KEPHART

heres my first sign effort,trying to learn the gx-24 and corel draw on my own.Can't find any assistance in my area,such as classes at the local college or adult ed.So I;ll figure it out on my own.

Attachments

• sign.jpg
    sign.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 318
Last edited:

DAVE KEPHART

well,i'm a newbie,i tried to upload id but it didn't go .i'm missing a step somewhere.i'll give 'er a go again

Attachments

• sign.jpg
    sign.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
well now that we can see the picture you are off to a good start.

if you don't have them yet there are some publications that you should look into for some inspiration and some guidance. Signcraft magazine is a must have as well as a copy of the book Mastering Layout. You can find both at Pacific Coast Paint/Sign Supply in Portland...as well as one shot in spraycans what more could a budding signman want.

where in oregon are you?

Jillbeans

Looks OK to me!
You could really make that chrome look come to life with a few white highlights.
Love.....Jill

jiarby

almost all the graffixxx cliche's in one sign... just missing barbed wire and some diamond plate!

What have you got without the maltese cross and the tribal widget??

Michael

Looks OK to me!
You could really make that chrome look come to life with a few white highlights.
Love.....Jill

I was thinking the same thing on the C & D lettering, make a couple 4 point star shapes, drop shadow them, drop the feathering down to a 3 or 4, break the drop shadow apart, delete the vector and you will have some sparkly in your chrome lettering :p.

Great start btw!