• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

First time I have encounterd this.....

tattoo.dan

Anybody have a good technique on installing over these or know if they can be removed and replaced after install?

Looks like a PITA to me!

Kind of a box truck and installing full print on sides and lift gate...

Attachments

• IMG_0104.jpg
    IMG_0104.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 95

Gino

Premium Subscriber
They are a cap. They are connected from behind with a carriage type bolt from the inside wooden rail.

We've applied both ways, by going over and..... removing them. We try to design and miss these buggers cause they sometimes can distort a critical image. When removing, if it's a solid color, it's a cakewalk.

tattoo.dan

They are a cap. They are connected from behind with a carriage type bolt from the inside wooden rail.

We've applied both ways, by going over and..... removing them. We try to design and miss these buggers cause they sometimes can distort a critical image. When removing, if it's a solid color, it's a cakewalk.

Thanks Gino...That is what I was wondering...will try to avoid them in the layout, cuz they are everywhere! lol

HulkSmash

they're pretty easy to wrap over. Tread them like regular rivets, except leave about 2-3"stretch around it to work in.

post heat.. just did a box truck with the same rivets.. no issue.. just try your best to keep seams out of them. And they're not caps... trust me i checked. you can't remove them.. most of the time they're holding up racks.

and I wouldn't use the rollepro on those..

Gino

Premium Subscriber
they're pretty easy to wrap over. Tread them like regular rivets, except leave about 2-3"stretch around it to work in.

post heat.. just did a box truck with the same rivets.. no issue.. just try your best to keep seams out of them.
And they're not caps... trust me i checked. you can't remove them.. most of the time they're holding up racks.

and I wouldn't use the rollepro on those..

All the ones we removed are from the inside as I said earlier. You can see there is threading in there to hold the screw. They do support the walls and must be put back in. I just meant they can be removed temporarily for installation and then put back in if needed. You can see the jagged edges to hold onto the wall of the body, along with the threads in both pictures. The other is one where we went over it directly.
yellow cap.jpg yellow cap-2.jpg
yellow caps-3.jpg

ProWraps

you want to tent over them. then go back and cut around them. hit them with a little bit of heat, not much at all and squeege in around them, then lock down the top with your finger.

we do thousands of them. they are carriage head bolt covers. dont take them off as you will have to remove the carriage head bolt. no need.

tattoo.dan

you want to tent over them. then go back and cut around them. hit them with a little bit of heat, not much at all and squeege in around them, then lock down the top with your finger.

we do thousands of them. they are carriage head bolt covers. dont take them off as you will have to remove the carriage head bolt. no need.

cut around them?

HulkSmash

Here's one we did 2 weeks ago. we cut around each one after post heating the crap out of them.

leave enough tent to work them in without wrinkles. The trickiest ones are the ones that are inches apart...

Attachments

• 178170_546500558700807_784223499_o.jpg
    178170_546500558700807_784223499_o.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 66

ProWraps

hit them with just a touch of heat after you cut them and it will make it lay down perfect and the top part that got cut out will lay flat. dont heat before cutting.

even the ones within inches of each other will lay down perfect if you tent, cut then touch of heat then lay down.

HulkSmash

hit them with just a touch of heat after you cut them and it will make it lay down perfect and the top part that got cut out will lay flat. dont heat before cutting.

even the ones within inches of each other will lay down perfect if you tent, cut then touch of heat then lay down.

i heated before, and you couldn't even see a gap.

take notes. :glasses: