• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

First time printing on mesh banner

Malkin

That's what I thought too, but the removal of the backing made no difference. Another lesson learned.

Colin, I have had this trouble with several different kinds of medias. I nearly always have found a combination of printer heat and printing speed to make it work. My biggest annoyance with these "roller marks" and that the solution that works now, may not in the future, probably due to environmental differences.

Colin

Our experience with mesh banner (the first time) was in "proper seeming." We were doing a huge P.A. Speaker mesh banner project and attempted to do traditional seeming for the P.A. Speakers. Well, they split within an hour, and we had to take them down and sew them with industrial sewing equipment to withstand the wind/weather.

This particular banner was a vertical format, 46" x 14', and had sleeves top & bottom for a pole. I formed the sleeve and held it in place with 1" banner tape, then took it to a sail-maker shop and they ran a very robust stitch where the tape was. There's also grommets on the L & R edges.

Colin

I have had this trouble with several different kinds of medias. I nearly always have found a combination of printer heat and printing speed to make it work. My biggest annoyance with these "roller marks" and that the solution that works now, may not in the future, probably due to environmental differences.

I printed this at high-speed using the VTV2 profile. Didi you find that going hotter or cooler helped, and a slower speed?

Malkin

I printed this at high-speed using the VTV2 profile. Didi you find that going hotter or cooler helped, and a slower speed?

I haven't actually tried printing on any mesh yet, but have had this issue on several other media's. Generally higher heat and slower speed would be the right answer, but not always.

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
i use a mimaki. what i found was with that material, the ink "goes through" the banner and into the platen. not good. thats where the vacuumn is. had to "tape the area" to prevent ink buildup (over spray)

Colin

i use a mimaki. what i found was with that material, the ink "goes through" the banner and into the platen. not good. thats where the vacuumn is. had to "tape the area" to prevent ink buildup (over spray)

That's wierd, I thought all Mesh banner material had a thin plastic backing on the mesh, like the UltraFlex does. This prevents any ink getting on your printer.

hey colin, do you have any pictures of the mesh banner you did? we've never printed on it as we haven't had a request for it. just woundered how it came out for ya.
thanks

Colin

I didn't take a picture of the job I did, but I did take a pic of a sample that I made:

Attachments

• Mesh Banner.JPG
    Mesh Banner.JPG
    222 KB · Views: 131

MrDesignGuy

In case anyone else is ever looking for info on this in the future, I did use the VTV2 profile and it worked just fine.

Thanks all

I'm gonna give this profile a try as well. It's my first time experimenting with mesh banner material. Thanks for the info.

gabagoo

Depending on what you print and where they go the images can be hard to see, especially photos.

We put a pool in our backyard a couple years ago and as our house is a corner lot the sidewalk came close to to where if you wanted you could look around and into the pool area. my wife felt paranoid so I took a pic of the pool from about 15 feet in front of the chain link fence and then scaled a banner so that it you could see the pool but not really tell what you were seeing as the real and the unreal sort of blended and created camouflage.. it worked great but from the backside it was to white for my liking so i took it down and spray painted the backside forest green. It is still up and now we are entering year 3. The colour may have faded a bit but hard to tell. I have a pic of it somewhere on my laptop, I post if I can find it

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
that what i thought untill i completed my first job. Bingo! moire pattern right in the print table!