• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

First time PVC user - Can I flat glue small pieces to wood signs/ exterior

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
We would use pins and glue it on with construction glue.

https://www.lepage.ca/en/lepage-pro...pl_premium_fast_grabconstructionadhesive.html I never see this stuff recommended in here.... Makes me wonder if it's a Canadian product. But it works really well and is cheap.

I just threw up a alupanel sign onto wood with it.... In the pouring rain. First time in the rain so I went back a few days later to test and it was strong enough to hang off of.
They have it in the states. Its cheap construction adhesive aka liquid nails. Personally, I think its garbage. It dries hard and really doesnt hold well. Maybe its ok with wood because it absorbs and bites a little but even then there are probably better alternatives.
I always use bostic 940 or sikaflex 252.

visual800

an adhesive has to be "soft" and flexible, it gives with the climates. A construction adhesive such as Liquid nails does not work just as notarealsignguy mentioned.

Jean Shimp

Try to avoid using very dark colors on 1/4" PVC. I'm assuming you are painting the PVC. The 1/4" thickness can become distorted when in direct direct sunlight. White or light colors are OK.