• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

first trailer with rivets... oh boy!

L Town Graphics

ok so i have watched all of the youtube on doing the rivets for this trailer, and they turned out very well. I did however run into a different issue. The decal that i was installing was a die cut logo (masked). I noticed that the vinyl was leaving channels in the non riveted spots (inline with the rivets) almost like an air pockethow do i stop this from happening next time? I was using oracal 951, main tape app tape, and applied wet. along with the wet app do you guys put the whole thing up or use the hinge method? I used the hinge the graphic was 30"x48" one piece. any help would be appreciated!

AUTO-FX

I find that , no matter wet or dry, i just go along like there is no rivet there at all. Just squeegee right on over and past it. Then I go back and poke a hole , at the bottom of each rivet, and squeegee up to around the rivet, pushing the air toward the hole i poked.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Auto has it... Just go right on like they are not even there. Cannot say in 10+ years that I've ever attempted to install anything on trailer wet before. Not intentionally anyways... got stuck in rain before I guess.

lexsigns

Auto has it... Just go right on like they are not even there. Cannot say in 10+ years that I've ever attempted to install anything on trailer wet before. Not intentionally anyways... got stuck in rain before I guess.

+1 !! never wet on rivits! get a roller pro- best thing ever expecially for prints can fly through them :)