• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

First Wrap Install

TheSellOut

My mentor into the sign industry called me to assist on a wrap install this week! Being as neither of us had done a full wrap install yet it was a very intimidating task. He has been a sign maker for 15 years now and I am going on 9 years, both of us making custom signs & vehicle graphics.

The customer brought him the graphics, we installed them, and I was very impressed at how well it turned out! It looks like a paint job it is so smooth...and we had very minimal seems (one above the window on each door, not on the actual door but on the small strip between the door jam and the roof rack, and one on the body line right in front of the rear view mirrors).

Although I am not a fan of camo it was a great first wrap pattern because the panels did not have to align in anyway other than the lines of the digital camo had to be straight the whole way thru.

We had to laugh at ourselves because we sat down pre-wrap and watched the video from Gorilla Graphics & Fellers on "how to wrap"...when we finished we looked at each other and said "OK, I guess we're ready to wrap!"

Like I said it has always intimidated me but now that I have this first wrap under my belt I am excited to do a lot more! I was only going to do a partial wrap on my truck but now I am definitely going with a full!

Attachments

• S101_1.jpg
    S101_1.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 163
  • S101_2.jpg
    S101_2.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 207
  • S101_3.jpg
    S101_3.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 164

thesignguy1986

Nice job for your first time. I've only done a couple and though I printed them and everything I had an installer do it cause it's too risky to just do on my end LOL. Good job though

Malkin

Nice job!

I would have been even more intimidated by using the customer supplied vinyl.
Was it an air-egress type?

TheSellOut

Nice job!

I would have been even more intimidated by using the customer supplied vinyl.
Was it an air-egress type?

That did make it 10x more nerve racking and even though it wasn't my job, my mentor is one of my closest friends, and we always treat each others jobs like they are our own!

And "yes", it was Oracal's air release. What an amazing product, we have doing vehicle graphics for a long time using both high performance and intermediate vinyl. This air release vinyl goes down like butter!

Kwiksigns

wookie
sweet...

haha all I can think of is codmw2... let alone why someone would want to cover their entire vehicle in this tacky looking purple digital camo...

TheSellOut

sweet...

haha all I can think of is codmw2... let alone why someone would want to cover their entire vehicle in this tacky looking purple digital camo...

Funny you say that...it did have a purplish hue to it.

It was a parents jeep that they were giving to their son for his 16th b-day and they thought they'ld surprise him with a wrap. I thought it was pretty cool of the parents until they came to pick it up, told us how much they liked it, turned to the 16 year old and said "I guess you better get into Fort So&So now".

Nothing like having parents who plan your life for you...I almost wanted to be smart and say something like "but what if he wants to be a dancer?!"

p3

I don't see the wrap? am I missing something? I just see 4 wheels and some windows.:help

sdcali619

looks great for a first time man congrats. I just did my first wrap the other night that I shall be posting soon, but agreed that working with the stuff is very nerve racking. I have the luck of wrapping exclusively with 3m as of now, and don't EVER plan on using no air regress on full car wrap. They way it has been explained to me, the little bit of money you save on the product will probably be lost in the speed of the application. Also as I haven't done this for that long so I have not been able to try other products, but the ability to return 3m to its original state with hear is amazing.