• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fish Eye

formanek

Mutoh 1614. Eco inks. Avery MPI 1005ez. Printed over 20 rolls of this stuff and all of a sudden I notice fish eyes. Every color. Tried a different material and same thing. Any clues?

Attachments

• mutoh_issues.jpg
    mutoh_issues.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 116

formanek

Figured it out. Bad roll of media. Easy fix. Hoping it wasn't printer issue and it wasn't.

Attachments

• bad_media.jpg
    bad_media.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 107

CRD

Looks like there are silicone splatters on the media which prevent the ink to adhere.

Paco

zahar23

please check and clean the air outlets upward platen heater and inside rail cover (middle cover after front cover) there are fans as exhaust ink fumes from there if the sponges located at the both end (left and right) may be block and fumes still remains their and formed Ink powder. that sprayed onto media... first put a waste media, please verify from hit it slightly surround the fan location... you will find a solution from this only.... have a great day ahead...

formanek

please check and clean the air outlets upward platen heater and inside rail cover (middle cover after front cover) there are fans as exhaust ink fumes from there if the sponges located at the both end (left and right) may be block and fumes still remains their and formed Ink powder. that sprayed onto media... first put a waste media, please verify from hit it slightly surround the fan location... you will find a solution from this only.... have a great day ahead...
Can you send a pic of that. Having issues again and we are thinking that it is low humidity. Only 22% in the shop. Tech said between 40-60%.

formanek

Wooo Whooo! It turns out to be a humidity issue or lack there of. The shop was sitting at 20% humidity. The media then was grabbing static electricity and causing the fish eye symptoms. Learn something new every day.:thumb:

ProWraps

i would find that explanation very hard to believe. i would pin it on contaminated media.

ive printed 90823048203984230948 miles of media and NEVER have ONCE given two donkey dungs about the humidity and havent had that problem unless there was something on the media.