• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

fish restaurant layout

luggnut

i'm working on a restaurant sign ... would love some critiques and/or suggestions.

Attachments

• RAYS FISH CAMP.jpg
    RAYS FISH CAMP.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 104

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Very nice. I'd consider changing the white outline around your secondary copy. It's almost lost and being white, makes it seem as if it should be reconsidered.

k.a.s.

That looks really nice, I like to see it with the "Rays" going beyond the oval a bit. Just to see what it looks like, but overall very nice.

Kevin

signmeup

I like the oval, Ray's and the lure very much. The banner looks out of place to me. I find it a bit too rustic for the other elements..... it's a different style. It's a bit small too..... makes it hard to see just what "Ray's" is. (check out the thumbnail)

Joe Diaz

I like the oval, Ray's and the lure very much. The banner looks out of place to me. I find it a bit too rustic for the other elements..... it's a different style. It's a bit small too..... makes it hard to see just what "Ray's" is. (check out the thumbnail)

I agree 100%. The banner doesn't quite go.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I like the oval, Ray's and the lure very much. The banner looks out of place to me. I find it a bit too rustic for the other elements..... it's a different style. (check out the thumbnail)

+1

luggnut

That looks really nice, I like to see it with the "Rays" going beyond the oval a bit. Just to see what it looks like, but overall very nice.

i tried it larger but it seemed too cluttered to me... after looking though the white Gino mentioned seems out of place a little.

and the "fish camp and grill" could be centered better.

luggnut

that is a great suggestions.. thanks!! i just used a clipart banner i had that was shaped how i wanted. i will probably create a custom banner if the customer agrees that this is close to what they were wanting.

thewood

I really like the "Ray's". I agree that the style of the banner doesn't match the rest of the design. Also, the text in the banner is not centered. Overall very nice.

signmeup

Something like this would read better. (Needs a better font....something condensed)

Attachments

• FishCamp.jpg
    FishCamp.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 71

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I like what you originally had, but I just changed up the color a little and tried to give your sandblasted look inside.
rays fish.jpg

GP

I would like to see the banner lower, allowing Ray's to be centered in the oval.

GoodPeopleFlags

My eye seems to be drawn to the negative space between the "R"s legs. Can you make the banner take up a *little* more of that space?