• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fit text to path in Corel X5

Jillbeans

It was so easy in Corel 12.
I'm trying to fit text to path, on the bottom of the circle. (SERVICES)
Used to be you just had to click the letter A up top to change text direction.
Now if you click the A you get a whole menu of options, none of which lets you change text direction.
I can mirror the text, but I don't want that option.
It's probably just my own stupidity but I've about had it.
Thanks.
Love.....Jill

Attachments

• ugh.jpg
    ugh.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 136

basicmetal

You'll need to hit the Mirror Horizontally & Mirror Vertically buttons. Then change the horizontal offset to bring the text around to the bottom & "distance from path" if needed to move the text below the circle.
Personally, I hate how Corel fits the text so I just do it manually. Break each letter apart, move the center points to the center of the circle & rotate the copy around by hand to get the right word spacing & kerning. Pain in the behind, but it seems to be the only way to I've found to get a good result.

J Hill Designs

You'll need to hit the Mirror Horizontally & Mirror Vertically buttons. Then change the horizontal offset to bring the text around to the bottom & "distance from path" if needed to move the text below the circle.
Personally, I hate how Corel fits the text so I just do it manually. Break each letter apart, move the center points to the center of the circle & rotate the copy around by hand to get the right word spacing & kerning. Pain in the behind, but it seems to be the only way to I've found to get a good result.

I basically do the same thing, but after i have corel fit it to path - then its at least close to start with

Jillbeans

This is what happens after the mirroring thing, which I already tried.
Not a huge fan of X5.
It can take all of the joy out of a simple task.
:thankyou:

Attachments

• grrrr.jpg
    grrrr.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 98

J Hill Designs

This is what happens after the mirroring thing, which I already tried.
Not a huge fan of X5.
It can take all of the joy out of a simple task.

you are going to want to drop it down so the path is on the top of the letters. otherwise it will be off-centered - that should alleviate some if not all of that bunching

Jillbeans

It won't let me drop it down, so I broke the little b@stard a part and placed it by hand.
Which is kind of redundant when considering we get software so we don't have to do things by hand.
:banghead:
Corel 12 had two toolbar icons (in addition to the missing flippy A one)
You could choose the distortion as well as the placement.
Now you can only choose the distortion. Unless there is some missing thing that only certain people can see.
:Big Laugh

J Hill Designs

yeah ive been looking for the top/middle/bottom of path button and the flip button too

as for not moving it down - you cant click the red dot and drag it down?

edit: took 10 seconds

type text - mirror both horiz and vert - drag red dot so path is at top of letters - open letter spacing

Attachments

• ss_curve.jpg
    ss_curve.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 99

Jillbeans

Ohhh! Red dot you say?
I saw it but did not know what it did.
I'll stop acting like I'm on the red dot and try to copy you.
:wink:

AHA!
Now I see it!
mirror/mirror/red triangle then fondle individually.
:thankyou::signs101: