• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fitches anyone?

Freehandan

Where can I get some? Seems that I am without hope for finding new ones. Anyone know of a supplier or brand that makes good ones. I LOVE the LUCO's.
That man knew how to make a brush! I wish I could find some old stock of them. I've had two older dudes in art stores say-"They don't make them anymore" and" We haven't had one of them in here for many years now"! Is this true??!??
These damn textured buildings are tearing up my good liquid swords!
I have become masterful with the chip brushes but I enjoy the tight consistency of quality quills.
The extras I bought a few years ago are what I am using now. I found a few in the back of a brush bin from 15 years ago, and got them all.
I bought a box at a yard sale with drill bits and junk for $0.25 IN the bottom was an already broken in 1.25" brush used for signs, and a big fatty 3" brush that was broken in to do letters with rounded end text. It would cost me more then a hundred to buy both of them new today. I only use them for special purposes.
I don't mind breaking in a new brush, But to use one that is right for the task feels sooo gooood!

Also, are there any real sign painters that use brushes with synthetic bristles? I have not found any over life to be worth while.:birthday:

Dave Drane

If you know so much then you should already know a sythetic brush is fine for watercolours, and if you oil and look after natural hair they will last almost forever.

Freehandan

If I know so much?? What are you replying to this post for?. I don't think that you have the knowledge or the stature to answer my request. If you have nothing to contribute that is even minimally helpfull and only rooted in sarcasm, then......I cannot entertain your posts. An Experienced artist would know how to answer my ?'s, but no thanks, Dave.

Dave Drane

Don't use expensive Naturals for watercolour. Save them for enamels and look after them. You, being the expert, I thought you would know that!

Craig Sjoquist

This where I get most of my supplies here in Florida http://www.starscenic.net/ and yes they have fitches I use them all the time.
Surprised there is not a supplier in S Florida.
Also the 2 suppliers above mentioned are great.
Say I really liked that window with the waving American flag and eagle put up on another thread.
Let me know of anything else ya need help with. .

Freehandan

Thank you!! For the sites as well! I'm gettin a few!
The windows looked better when the frame(s) were painted white. Made the whole thing look brighter. 10 years...no chips....fading but I planned it to recolor easy and look clear like a postage stamp to endure time. The eagle itself is detailed to about a 6-8 level. The window frames made it real easy to proportion and sketch out. I also have painted a fifteen foot snowman on the windows next to it, Seasonally!

Freehandan

I liked the hall of fame for pinstriping on the Mac site. Those are the kind of signs that used to exist as a standard- with pictures and all. That is where I'm at when I put art into the signs-