• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Five or more Pantone colours

visualeyez

I would build this file in Illustrator, in Adobe RGB1998. All cmyk files should be opened in photoshop, have the embedded color profile read and converted to Adobe 1998. Now check the background color to ensure it is actually true white color numbers, or whatever color background your main file is. Now save these files as tiffs at 300 ppi at actual size. Place all of these files into your illustrator document. All vector design elements can be assigned the correct pantone color from the Pantone swatches included with illustrator. I save the files as a High Quality PDF and let my RIP know that they are Adobe 1998. It sorts out the vectors, the rasters, and the pantones flawlessly.
Your clients will be happy.

digitalgraffiti

5 spot colors?

I do not know who your client is but to have 5 spot colors in a logo and expecting them to be matched dead on is ridiculas. If everything this client is going to have printed is going to be done digitally that every job printed will have some variations in the color. If the client is going to print anything offset, then the only way to do it and match exactly is to print with pantone inks.

In this economy if your client can afford to print 5 spot colors in offset printing so he can have exact color than he has more money than brains. Most printers will normally convert everything to cmyk and call it good.