• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fixing the Summa T-750 and Summa D610 with Sticking Head issue

rcook99

We are working on a possible fix for the continued problems people are having with the head not cutting complete cuts or missing cuts while cutting vinyl. We currently have two T-750's that were having the same problem of incomplete cuts. Once the fix was applied to the cutters they have been working flawlessly. The units to fix the problem are still in the testing stages. When we are satisfied with testing these items will be available for purchase. As for the cost of the fix at this time we are looking at keeping the price under $150.00. We are planning on releasing the fix in march of 2011.

So in short don't throw your plotters out when it can be fixed for a fraction of the cost of a new head.

David Wright

Gee, I thought Summa would be the one working on this known issue instead of deflecting calls to the sales dept.

I own a t750 and have been cutting test objects in the front of the sign file to alleviate missed cuts. I await your service and would be glad to pay that to fix this. In the end, other than this issue it really is a solid high end product.

Alan Dinsmore

Alan

Hi,
I came accross this forum out of desparation for a fix for my somewhat dated summa D610 Pro cutter which has served me faithfully for the past 18 years.
Some would say it is time to get a new one but apart from the problem which your post so accurately describes it is going as well as the day when I brought it new.I know I paid top dollar for it but as the saying goes you get what you pay for, it has never let me down and is still cutting perfectly except for a small gap at the begining of each job.
It sounds like I may not have to buy a new head or solenoid if I can get this $150 fix you posted about. I would really appreciate your help in finding a solution.
cheers
Alan Dinsmore
Dollar Signs

Alan Dinsmore

How is the testing going?

We are working on a possible fix for the continued problems people are having with the head not cutting complete cuts or missing cuts while cutting vinyl. We currently have two T-750's that were having the same problem of incomplete cuts. Once the fix was applied to the cutters they have been working flawlessly. The units to fix the problem are still in the testing stages. When we are satisfied with testing these items will be available for purchase. As for the cost of the fix at this time we are looking at keeping the price under $150.00. We are planning on releasing the fix in march of 2011.

So in short don't throw your plotters out when it can be fixed for a fraction of the cost of a new head.

Hey rcook99,

If you need someoneto help test your solution I'm happy to be a guinea pig.
Please keep us posted its getting frustrating waiting. I am happy to part with some bills to get this thing sorted.

cheers Alan

Small Lettering

SmallLettering.com
Still looking for a fix

Anything further on a fix for this? Has anyone tried the o-ring fix mentioned on another thread? It really wasn't that clear just where the o-ring was to go.