• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FJ-50 not recognized by computer

maynemag

Here's my problem, the FJ-50 I just bought did not come with any software thus my computer is not recognizing it at all. I am running XP sp3 and the icon at the bottom shows roland fj50 but says there was a problem recognizing device (you know the little bubble that pops up when you first plug in the printer). I tried to go to control panel and add printer but to no avail.It doesnt show up in the device manager either. I was told that flexi has the drivers but I still cant get anything out of the printer. I know this printer is ancient but this is what I have. Has anyone out there had this same problem? What did you do to fix it, any advice is greatly appreciated.

tomence

Yeah i think you need a rip software for that printer i think its called
Roland ColorChoice if i am not mistaken.

anozira02

That unit regionally came with color choice when it was sold new, it had drivers included in that software, however Flexi also does have the Roland drivers in it., so does most sign software's. In Flexi go to Design Manager and "add satup" you install the driver there.